House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One-percent

People you wish would just f££k off

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:52 PM, whitevanman said:

Brian Cox.

Pseudointellectual smug git.

I may have this wrong, but there was a repeat of his series on TV in which he said "There are 27 (or however many) known elements in the Universe. We don't just think that, we know that." About a week later I read that we had discovered two new elements.

15 hours ago, One-percent said:

Interesting about wrossy. I really didn't think he had it in him.  What annoys me is not that they talk down to the audience, I really don't think they are capable.  What annoys me is that they come across as thick, not funny and talentless. 

+1 for that. Despise him with a passion and I never could understand his popularity, salary or success.

Additionally:

"Hi. I'm Winston Wolf.". Surely this deserves the response: "You're a fictional character. Get off my doorstep. Make one mildly smutty joke about my child's toy and I'll ram it somewhere uncomfortable."

Kirsty Allsopp. Face like a smacked ****, a spoiled-child attitude to match, and a strange squint that makes it look like the entire world is full of unbelievably bright sunshine. Even indoors.

Just about anyone from those antiques programmes which involve somewhat airy and rather gormless people participating in the well-trodden practice of recycling clutter that ought to be thrown away.

That bloke from the embarrassment that is "Salvage Hunters". "Don't shout your prattling nonsense in that ridiculous voice when you're only two feet away from me. Come any nearer and I'll lump you one". That goes for all the people who partake in that miserable programme.

I'm sure they'd love me too.

Jeanette Winterson, whoever that is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38014161

100 Women: Jeanette Winterson helps children rewrite Cinderella

22 November 2016 Last updated at 02:50 GMT

UK author Jeanette Winterson has helped school children re-imagine the fairy tale Cinderella for a new generation.

As part of the BBC's 100 Women season, she visited a primary school in the Cotswolds to discuss ways in which Cinderella is sexist and then asked the children to come up with their own version.

Video journalists Kelvin Brown and Jack Slater, produced by Sarah Buckley.

The couple who have comedy loud sex upstairs practically every day, with excessive bouncing bed sounds and lots of inauthentic oohing and aahing. I've heard jokes about this sort of thing, but it's surprising how annoying it is.

1 minute ago, Steppenpig said:

The couple who have comedy loud sex upstairs practically every day, with excessive bouncing bed sounds and lots of inauthentic oohing and aahing. I've heard jokes about this sort of thing, but it's surprising how annoying it is.

That was me once! Not now!