House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreenDevil

Top gear returns - the grand tour

16 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Have to say I really enjoiyed the first episode. The lads gave the p1, la Ferrari and the 918 a good thrashing.

Screw that BBC!

Thanks for the reminder. I'll fire up Amazon. ?

41 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Have to say I really enjoiyed the first episode. The lads gave the p1, la Ferrari and the 918 a good thrashing.

Screw that BBC!

And they filmed an episode in Whitby, Usa, usa usa!

2 hours ago, Bossybabe said:

Thanks for the reminder. I'll fire up Amazon. ?

I think the whole world is watching. It's making "Preacher" glitch.

I bought some vitamins from Amazon yesterday and they offered me Prime trial for a month.

I enjoyed the first 30ish minutes of the show - using some very good cameras and lens on it - but I got very bored and fast forwarded through the remaining part of the show. It is pandering to Americans also. Really did not enjoy the digs at the RAF. I know it was supposed to be light-hearted but it left a sour taste in the mouth.

I enjoyed the segment on the M2. The scripted humour and predictable gags still aren't my thing. I think they peaked about 4 years ago. I'll probably watch a few more of them but was slightly underwhelmed overall. 

The entire programme would be so much better if it was only James May presenting it

17 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I enjoyed the segment on the M2. The scripted humour and predictable gags still aren't my thing. I think they peaked about 4 years ago. I'll probably watch a few more of them but was slightly underwhelmed overall. 

The entire programme would be so much better if it was only James May presenting it

Did you watch The Reassembler?

He's a very thoughtful and entertaining fellow is James May.

4 hours ago, whitevanman said:

Did you watch The Reassembler?

He's a very thoughtful and entertaining fellow is James May.

Yes, and he plays piano too! I like that sort of program, even though it lacks car chases and guns.

Wasn't massively convinced by it...Amazon think that chucking more money at it would make it better...I don't think it has...The whooping American audience got a bit irritating too..

As always amusing in doses, but I thought it was cringeworthy in places. The staged fight with the audience, the Voderman cadaver..

ill still watch it, as they're good TV still, but as Spunk says they past their best years ago.

Now Chris Evans has gone, I think the reformatted Top Gear series two will be much much better.

Must have cost millions to make and I'd prefer to watch that than anything with Chris Evans in any day.

Whether it succeeds depends on how its traditions and in-jokes develop over time. The changing venue could be a great thing, but the Nascar driver could wear thin pretty quickly.

I think the NASCAR driver was a one-off. I hope so, anyway. 

The VIP corpse bit was a waste of time/space where adverts might go in other transmissions. I almost switched off but Friday evening inertia stopped me. I like that it's also in 4K, using my new television's capabilities. 

I'll watch again. 

Does anyone know how long we'll have to wait before it's shown on Dave?

I already pay for Sky so I'm not paying for another TV service. Despite my middle class pretensions and friends I actually liked Top Gear so wouldn't mind watching the Grand Tour.

6 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

I already pay for Sky so I'm not paying for another TV service. Despite my middle class pretensions and friends I actually liked Top Gear so wouldn't mind watching the Grand Tour.

Amazon seem to be offering a month's Prime trial this week - you have to cancel it before the month is up or they will start billing you. So might be worth lookng to buy something minor.

I will give the show a second chance next week but it will have to improve.

1 hour ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

"https://thepiratebay.org/search/the grand tour/0/99/0"

18 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

He's the most interesting but I think the three works really well. I don't actually like Hammond but his annoying persona spikes genuine reactions in the other two, and then Clarkson's pomposity is egged on by Hammond but deflated by May.

I think they tolerate each other because they know it works; I don't get the impression that they're mates.

Liz Jones should genuinely be sectioned. That's assuming what she writes is true and I'm not sure it is. If you have any spare time then delve into her dark and lonely world. 

3 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Liz Jones should genuinely be sectioned. That's assuming what she writes is true and I'm not sure it is. If you have any spare time then delve into her dark and lonely world. 

I like how she slags off an "unattractive" ex for thinking he can bed women because of his car - what was it that worked on you, Liz? She also slags him off for being overweight and yet herself was on a programme a few weeks ago discussing her fight with anorexia.

Self-publicist writes whatever she thinks will work as clickbait a la Hopkins or Brick. 

The fact that she keeps getting work suggests that there is a profitable audience in "outraged from Tunbridge Wells". 

#firstworldproblems