HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

It's a real pain. I have to leave 200+ feedback per week since I sell a lot on there and it is quite a chore. Now I just copy and paste the same thing each time unless the customer was a nightmare to deal with. Speaking of nightmare customers, there is no option to leave them negative feedback to warn other sellers of them, I can only postpone leaving feedback or leave them positive, even if I report them.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
35 minutes ago, Renewed Investor said:

It's a real pain. I have to leave 200+ feedback per week since I sell a lot on there and it is quite a chore. Now I just copy and paste the same thing each time unless the customer was a nightmare to deal with. Speaking of nightmare customers, there is no option to leave them negative feedback to warn other sellers of them, I can only postpone leaving feedback or leave them positive, even if I report them.

You can automate it if you're a seller, by paying for one of their monthly selling tools. I think I used to pay £30 a month or so and it'll leave feedback automatically once you receive it from the buyer.

HOLA4412
39 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

I usually say just "As described, arrived on time".  I hold off until I have tested anything electrical or technical.

They typically respond with "AAAAAAA+++ Top eBayer!" or something similar. :rolleyes:

I use "Top Class A1 ebayer +++" :) 

I only bother when people actually ask me to leave feedback, even then it will be if it's not going to inconvenience me and I genuinely felt the service warranted it i.e. if I get the email while I'm at my desk at work then it will be done, anywhere else it won't. 

HOLA4413
37 minutes ago, gilf said:

I use "Top Class A1 ebayer +++" :) 

I only bother when people actually ask me to leave feedback, even then it will be if it's not going to inconvenience me and I genuinely felt the service warranted it i.e. if I get the email while I'm at my desk at work then it will be done, anywhere else it won't. 

From now on, I will automatically describe sellers as "Coprophile perverts, AVOID".

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I've been struggling with Ebay. Dad had to return an item - process was a bit complex label links didn't work.

Item was relisted because of a non-paying bidder (some chap listed in Thailand but London based). Now on re-listing I've had an international buyer (China) win one of my auctions. The auction said post to UK only. I have discussed with the buyer - the first quote I tried Royal Mail said £156, the next said £60. Ebay say use the global shipping programme but this had to be opted in before the auction. Looking at the China customs requirements list, and the address requirements make me think it's highly likely the parcel won't reach him. He might just open a not received anyway and scam me? 

HOLA4416
8 minutes ago, Ash4781 said:

I've been struggling with Ebay. Dad had to return an item - process was a bit complex label links didn't work.

Item was relisted because of a non-paying bidder (some chap listed in Thailand but London based). Now on re-listing I've had an international buyer (China) win one of my auctions. The auction said post to UK only. I have discussed with the buyer - the first quote I tried Royal Mail said £156, the next said £60. Ebay say use the global shipping programme but this had to be opted in before the auction. Looking at the China customs requirements list, and the address requirements make me think it's highly likely the parcel won't reach him. He might just open a not received anyway and scam me? 

I'd add some stupidly high postage cost then open an unpaid item when they don't pay and list again. I would try and opt into global shipping as there is even less risk of getting scammed than with a domestic buyer. You only have to get it safely to Ebay's UK distribution hub and your covered.

HOLA4417
On 16/11/2016 at 2:40 PM, Renewed Investor said:

We had some ebay consultant in and they claimed that a lot of ebay customers (presumably saddos) get very excited about receiving feedback so just set it up to leave positive feedback immediately when they pay. After we implemented it he did appear to be right and it did seem to pacify a lot of customers - this was a few years back so maybe the feedback novelty has worn off.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
12 hours ago, SNACR said:

I'd add some stupidly high postage cost then open an unpaid item when they don't pay and list again. I would try and opt into global shipping as there is even less risk of getting scammed than with a domestic buyer. You only have to get it safely to Ebay's UK distribution hub and your covered.

Cheers. Oh that's much easier. 

HOLA4420

I'm still working my way through the ebay seller sub-menus. Some are downright odd and over-riding other menus e.g. I have to select countries I do not ship to . The ebay guides aren't much help, and endless forums of people asking how do I do x task? It reminds me of the windows control panel!

Archived