House Price Crash Forum

Nutribullet - Useful As A Sodastream, Or Not?

SNACR

HOLA441

I don't really make smoothies with mine anymore, it's only really used to grind seed mix into powder to sprinkle on the morning cereal.

I find that the smoothies are hard to actually get that smooth.  You could use a juicer to filter out the pulp but the pulp is the healthy part and juice on its own isn't that good for you, especially with fruit.

The smoothies for you with lots of veg, raw greens etc. don't taste that good, plus there's the washing up of it all.

Though I am inspired by Arnie's breakfast of champions smoothie recipe:

HOLA442
HOLA443
15 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Despite knowing why these things were no good for you.... earlier this year friends of mine went into a frenzy buying them and then I came across a £135 model for £60 in Sainsbury... one-off... so I bought it. Used it about 4 or 5 times.

As already mentioned, smoothies are generally bad for you as they give you too much sugar in one go... The ones that are actually god for you taste frecking revolting...

Just buy apples, cut one up a day, eat it, repeat. Vary this with different fruit & veg.

Oh, and some friends of mine who have been spending a load of money weekly in some pretensious green grocers, whilst sneering at me for buying my out of season veg frozen, believing that they were getting more vitamins have recently discovered that their have lots of vitamin deficiencies.

Less vitamins in "fresh" veg when compared to frozen. Depending on what it is it's probably been knocking about in storage for weeks, while frozen was picked, chopped and flash frozen within hours.

HOLA444
15 hours ago, callaght said:

I'm shocked and a bit gutted :(

what is a good smoothie to have for breakfast?

also, surely a banana and yogurt at 9am isn't a bad thing?

Try sausage, egg, beans, mushrooms, bacon and fried slice smoothie. 

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
On 15/11/2016 at 7:13 PM, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Just cut the banana, strawberry, kale, blueberry and yogurt out of the first one and it will become a lot more healthy.

actually,lumpies are bloody good!

natural yoghurt,honey,granola,a bit of lemon juice and raisins.......feckin great

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Has anyone noticed any actual health benefits to consuming a load of pulped up greens and seeds?

The thing I wonder is whether chewing activates various digestive enzymes and if glugging stuff down has the same benefits. Although old folks seem to get by on a diet of soup, I suppose.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I have one. I just chuck in all the old stuff in before it goes off. For lunch. Today I had lettuce, banana, pear, kiwi, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. Tasted like lettuce  but who cares, it's 5 a day. I usually only chop for a short time as I'm aware as has been mentioned that bits are probably better for you. Prob better than cheesecake or meringue a doughnut as a sugar hit.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
On 15/11/2016 at 7:03 PM, The Masked Tulip said:

I have and continue to do so. It looks at me constantly whenever I go into the kitchen.

I even offered it to a friend who wanted one but, instead, went and bought a new one for twice as much as I payed despite me only using mine a few times. It haunts me. I suspect that I will have to rebox it and go bury it in a moor somewhere. Some future Tony Robinson can find it a 1,000 years from now.

Console yourself by imagining how these people feel

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2180953/Jimmy-Savile-Auction-One-time-Jim-fixes-charity-Saviles-personal-treasures-fetch-small-fortune.html

HOLA4418
4 hours ago, libspero said:

You can't take the nutribullet with you..  but with enough health food you might cheat death a couple years?

I've been cooking freshly prepared meals every night for a couple of months now. 45 minutes in the kitchen most evenings.

Probably doesn't quite make up for 16 years of cooking bugger all, leaving partner to do it. But it's working out quite nicely. Quorn paella tomorrow night. BB's Mac and cheese on Saturday for lunch. Might even attempt a wheat free lasagne next week.

The possibilities are endless.

Actually, that's far from true. Vegetarian cookery is largely about applying heat to the same things in slightly different ways and then assembling it all together.

HOLA4419

Archived