House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNACR

Nutribullet - Useful As A Sodastream, Or Not?

Are these a genuinely useful way to get nutrients into your diet, that are hard to incorporate into meals, or just a way for fatties delude themselves they have a healthy diet by having a banana smoothie, with a handful of blueberries thrown in, every morning?

Despite knowing why these things were no good for you.... earlier this year friends of mine went into a frenzy buying them and then I came across a £135 model for £60 in Sainsbury... one-off... so I bought it. Used it about 4 or 5 times.

As already mentioned, smoothies are generally bad for you as they give you too much sugar in one go... The ones that are actually god for you taste frecking revolting...

Just buy apples, cut one up a day, eat it, repeat. Vary this with different fruit & veg.

Oh, and some friends of mine who have been spending a load of money weekly in some pretensious green grocers, whilst sneering at me for buying my out of season veg frozen, believing that they were getting more vitamins have recently discovered that their have lots of vitamin deficiencies.

21 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Despite knowing why these things were no good for you.... earlier this year friends of mine went into a frenzy buying them and then I came across a £135 model for £60 in Sainsbury... one-off... so I bought it. Used it about 4 or 5 times.

As already mentioned, smoothies are generally bad for you as they give you too much sugar in one go... The ones that are actually god for you taste frecking revolting...

Just buy apples, cut one up a day, eat it, repeat. Vary this with different fruit & veg.

Oh, and some friends of mine who have been spending a load of money weekly in some pretensious green grocers, whilst sneering at me for buying my out of season veg frozen, believing that they were getting more vitamins have recently discovered that their have lots of vitamin deficiencies.

It was a moment of weakness but we all have them.

Don't punish yourself.

1 hour ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Can you make a meat smoothie ?

a tin of hot dogs,barbecue beans and mustard, put in blender and whizz profusely.

probably better served warm

Serious?

ive been having a banana, strawberry, kale, blueberry, youghurt and water smoothly before work.  Followed by a yogurt and banana when I get into work. Religiously. For months!

i thought I was being healthy.

is this bad diet for first thing in the morning?

56 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

It was a moment of weakness but we all have them.

Don't punish yourself.

I have and continue to do so. It looks at me constantly whenever I go into the kitchen.

I even offered it to a friend who wanted one but, instead, went and bought a new one for twice as much as I payed despite me only using mine a few times. It haunts me. I suspect that I will have to rebox it and go bury it in a moor somewhere. Some future Tony Robinson can find it a 1,000 years from now.

2 minutes ago, callaght said:

Serious?

ive been having a banana, strawberry, kale, blueberry, youghurt and water smoothly before work.  Followed by a yogurt and banana when I get into work. Religiously. For months!

Sounds OK to me! How are your guts?

3 minutes ago, callaght said:

Serious?

Yes, that is way too much sugar in one go. At the very least reduce by at least one smoothie per day.

11 minutes ago, callaght said:

Serious?

Just cut the banana, strawberry, kale, blueberry and yogurt out of the first one and it will become a lot more healthy.

I was trying to grind up rolled oats to oat flour in the other halfs nutribullet. She did say it might burn out the motor.

I don't think it's designed to act like a flour mill but I thought what the hell I'll give it a whirl!

2 hours ago, happy_renting said:

I believe they are good for disposing of small pets, and nappies when your macerator breaks down.

Ever read the diy forums re saniflow repairs :) ?

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I have and continue to do so. It looks at me constantly whenever I go into the kitchen.

I even offered it to a friend who wanted one but, instead, went and bought a new one for twice as much as I payed despite me only using mine a few times. It haunts me. I suspect that I will have to rebox it and go bury it in a moor somewhere. Some future Tony Robinson can find it a 1,000 years from now.

Nutribailout

2 hours ago, callaght said:

Serious?

Likely you'd be better off with nothing.