Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hectors House

Will Corbyn be too old to be PM next election?

Recommended Posts

See that Norman Tebbitt has opened his gob and is trying to say Jeremy Corbyn could be the next PM because of the Trump effect. Now considering Corbyn is a boomer and will be well into his OAP years in 2020 (yeah sure Trump is 70) but do we really need a doddery old Prime Minister with no previous experience?

I can't see Labour doing very well as they are now infiltrated by the Socialist Workers Party and Socialist Party (aka Militant).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I think age is the least of his concerns.

Like?  I'm interested in hearing about this, personally, I think Labour is in the wilderness years!

I've said this before but shouldn't there be a new political party, a real alternative to the shower that we have now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hectors House said:

Like?  I'm interested in hearing about this, personally, I think Labour is in the wilderness years!

I've said this before but shouldn't there be a new political party, a real alternative to the shower that we have now?

Like the SDP. I had some hopes for that, but it all went to pot!:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hectors House said:

Like?  I'm interested in hearing about this, personally, I think Labour is in the wilderness years!

I've said this before but shouldn't there be a new political party, a real alternative to the shower that we have now?

Well, the only thing I have heard of him of late is on the Andrew Marr show when he said, in all of about 2 minutes, that Trump needs to grow up, that he was keen for his Mexican wife to have a conversation with him etc. (not much congratulations there to our most important ally). Nothing to do with the fact while he is faffing about appointing new shadow cabinet ministers for minorities/women or whatever else people are rebelling against this sort of SJW utopia, still blind to it. I don't see him as a leader, a campaigner perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hectors House said:

 

I can't see Labour doing very well as they are now infiltrated by the Socialist Workers Party and Socialist Party (aka Militant).

On what evidence? >500,000 members have joined Labour. <50000 voters ticked for socialist parties at the last GE, and the SWP are 2000 to 6000 members 'strong'. Have over 400,000 trots been hiding under everyone's bed for the last 15 years?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hectors House said:

See that Norman Tebbitt has opened his gob and is trying to say Jeremy Corbyn could be the next PM because of the Trump effect. Now considering Corbyn is a boomer and will be well into his OAP years in 2020 (yeah sure Trump is 70) but do we really need a doddery old Prime Minister with no previous experience?

I can't see Labour doing very well as they are now infiltrated by the Socialist Workers Party and Socialist Party (aka Militant).

Yet again demonstrating they still haven't cottoned on to the actual issue at hand. 

Corbyn doesn't represent what the man in the street is actually bothered about. Of course there is cross over, but he won't get enough votes on a pro-immigration ticket which is what he will run under (thats the sort of thing that appeals to the people that got him there). Labour failed last time for this reason, they will do so again and again. 

The problem is that it's not about what a potential government will do, but what it says it will.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hectors House said:

See that Norman Tebbitt has opened his gob and is trying to say Jeremy Corbyn could be the next PM because of the Trump effect. Now considering Corbyn is a boomer and will be well into his OAP years in 2020 (yeah sure Trump is 70) but do we really need a doddery old Prime Minister with no previous experience?

I can't see Labour doing very well as they are now infiltrated by the Socialist Workers Party and Socialist Party (aka Militant).

Didn't realise he had been drawing his State pension now for two and a half years since May 2014. A career politician, an early state pension, an eye watering superannuated package to come. How many millions has he cost. Another recipient of the multi-trillion debt Ponzi that is basically unpayable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hotairmail said:

 

Labour is an unholy alliance. It cannot be reconciled. It needs to split. But by doing so the wing he would lead would be condemned to history under first past the post. Indeed, a 3 way split is a disaster for them (I'm including the SNP here and losing Scotland).

 

It really started with the Blair years and losing the working classes. Scotland was first as they gravitated to a nationalist party that would fight for their interests.

It's really not Corbyn's fault. Indeed the Blairites and the media even have the cheek to blame him for the referendum leading to Brexit....but the exit polls clearly stated that 62% of Labour voters at the previous election voted out (versus 63% for the SNP). It was the 58% of Tories and the UKIp support that resulted in the referendum result. All spin. Don't listen to it. Corbyn is as much a function and victim of what has gone before as anyone else.

 

EDIT: The irreconcilable wings were laid bare in this glorious episode:

 

 

 

That was hilarious. What a practical woman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PopGun said:

On what evidence? >500,000 members have joined Labour. <50000 voters ticked for socialist parties at the last GE, and the SWP are 2000 to 6000 members 'strong'. Have over 400,000 trots been hiding under everyone's bed for the last 15 years?!

 

Every time, the SWP massive goes for a punch up at a demo, you will normally find Diane Abbott egging them on! The Labour party has lurched from New Labour to the more extreme socialist left, there will be key figures from both the previously mentioned parties who are in union positions who are pulling Corbyn's strings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, workingpoor said:

23joco8.jpg

Voters who care what politicians wear deserve to be ruled by slick psychopaths like Blair/Cameron/Osborne/Carney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Hectors House said:

Every time, the SWP massive goes for a punch up at a demo, you will normally find Diane Abbott egging them on! The Labour party has lurched from New Labour to the more extreme socialist left, there will be key figures from both the previously mentioned parties who are in union positions who are pulling Corbyn's strings

So no evidence, just more clap trap regurgitated from the msm then. Righto thanks for that.

He isn't the messiah by any stretch, but the sheer and utter nonsense peddled about him is just beyond a joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2016 at 9:38 PM, PopGun said:

So no evidence, just more clap trap regurgitated from the msm then. Righto thanks for that.

He isn't the messiah by any stretch, but the sheer and utter nonsense peddled about him is just beyond a joke. 

 

I wouldn't call photographic evidence of a grinning Abbott standing alongside SWP thugs prior to a demo in Dover kicking off as no evidence. Admittedly it was a Britain First demo but the SWP were there for the punch up, Abbott was egging them on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:43 PM, Hectors House said:

See that Norman Tebbitt has opened his gob and is trying to say Jeremy Corbyn could be the next PM because of the Trump effect. Now considering Corbyn is a boomer and will be well into his OAP years in 2020 (yeah sure Trump is 70) but do we really need a doddery old Prime Minister with no previous experience?

I can't see Labour doing very well as they are now infiltrated by the Socialist Workers Party and Socialist Party (aka Militant).

He's been in parliament for decades and does being leader of the opposition count for nothing? The main thing is he hasn't been in the Cabinet, but if representing the opposition party this is likely to be the case. Weren't Blair and Cameron in the same situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Kiwi Toast said:

He's been in parliament for decades and does being leader of the opposition count for nothing? The main thing is he hasn't been in the Cabinet, but if representing the opposition party this is likely to be the case. Weren't Blair and Cameron in the same situation?

Problem is he would be nowhere near the leadership in any other political party or point of time. Labour foolishly IMO opened up the election of the leader to mob rule. He doesn't have the support of the parliamentary Labour party and I suspect a large number of the proper foot soldiers knocking on doors.

The only reason Labour have been electable in the last 40 years is because they decided to re-align the part. It's gone backwards. 

He is the choice of the party membership, he more than likely won't be the choice of the electorate in general. 

The fact he's been in place for years really doesn't mean that much, in some seats you could stick a chicken with a red rosette up and it's getting in. Doesn't mean he's not capable, plenty of people in safe seats mess it up, but equally doesn't make him the man for the job. I'm sure we can think of many who have been there for donkeys years who should be nowhere near the party leadership. 

Blair and Cameron were not agitators. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/11/2016 at 2:44 PM, Hectors House said:

I wouldn't call photographic evidence of a grinning Abbott standing alongside SWP thugs prior to a demo in Dover kicking off as no evidence. Admittedly it was a Britain First demo but the SWP were there for the punch up, Abbott was egging them on!

Ah yes when the Anti Corbyn missive gets desperate, have another pop at Abbott.

Given the shameless opportunistic doctored photo of Corbyn jigging on rememberance day, I'd be more sceptical if I were you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/11/2016 at 3:51 PM, gilf said:

 Labour foolishly IMO opened up the election of the leader to mob rule.

Mob rule seems to be used a lot in the last year when people are describing a democratic result they don't agree with. Approx 300000 new members of the Labour party since Corbyn took over. People have changed want they want from their politicians and not being part of former government is part of it. Politicians can't accept it as for the Labour party it would mean getting rid of anyone associated with Blair/Brown government and they still have a lot of power within the party but not influence of the members.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, t1234 said:

Mob rule seems to be used a lot in the last year when people are describing a democratic result they don't agree with. Approx 300000 new members of the Labour party since Corbyn took over. People have changed want they want from their politicians and not being part of former government is part of it. Politicians can't accept it as for the Labour party it would mean getting rid of anyone associated with Blair/Brown government and they still have a lot of power within the party but not influence of the members.

A lot of people also returned to the Labour Party fold after corbyn was elected.  So it wasn't to do with shaping the vote, more a vote for corbyn.  

Labour lost its way under Bliar and brown, remember clause 4? That was the signal for labour to turn its back on the working class, their traditional labour voter. It became that the traditional labour voter became an embarrassment to the new world order of new labour.  Dirty people doing manual work ergh. No thanks.  

But, the working class has never disappeared, it was just hidden from view by the msm.  Now, they have what seems to be someone who talks both to and for them.  This happened with corbyn, brexit and over the pond with trump.  

The sad thing is that corbyn does not really speak for the traditional labour voter.  For example he is for unfettered immigration which, as we have seen drives down the cost of labour, spreads more thinly the resources that are available and has arguably had a greater negative impact on the poorer in society.  It is only after he is elected, if he is, that we will see that actually he is part of the problem and not the solution.  I think that trump might just be different 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Next General Election   93 members have voted

    1. 1. When do you predict the next general election will be held?


      • 2019
      • 2020
      • 2021
      • 2022

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.