Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Had a week off...what have I missed

Recommended Posts

Been away for a week ( not sure why my other thread was moved to anecodatal as I've definitely not been here for a week )

and was just wondering what news I'd missed and if anything significant had happened.

As far as I could tell everything is hunky dory again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, knock out johnny said:

Well, Trump won the US election

I saw that....what I didnt expect was Sky News 5 days later to be still going full on Trump-hysteria.

My favourite comment post election was about the rent a crowd ( or words to that effect ) causing trouble after his victory. I had said the same thing when I saw the trouble start.

Still everyone is saying this will be great news for London house prices.

Best thing Trump can do is force the bankers to raise rates 5% and clear out the mess we currently have

What then for London house prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

What then for London house prices.

 

Go up even faster :wacko:, as the US old-media moguls fleeing elites see London as a "safe haven". Now when I have heard that before?

Expect to see the Obama/Clintons administration to move to Mayfair.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 200p said:

 

Go up even faster :wacko:, as the US old-media moguls fleeing elites see London as a "safe haven". Now when I have heard that before?

Expect to see the Obama/Clintons administration to move to Mayfair.

 

Safe Haven....52% of the country are xeno-racist-phobics.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 200p said:

 

Go up even faster :wacko:, as the US old-media moguls fleeing elites see London as a "safe haven". Now when I have heard that before?

Expect to see the Obama/Clintons administration to move to Mayfair.

 

"Safe Haven" , better get a house with bunkers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, as you indicated in your moved thread, everything is booming again thanks to the latest round of QE and ZIRP loveliness... asking prices at least 10% higher in my area than they were just 6 months ago and stuff selling quicker than ever.

 

HPI forever and ever... to the moon and beyond!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nome said:

Yeah, as you indicated in your moved thread, everything is booming again thanks to the latest round of QE and ZIRP loveliness... asking prices at least 10% higher in my area than they were just 6 months ago and stuff selling quicker than ever.

 

HPI forever and ever... to the moon and beyond!

Which is crazy as the prices were MENTAL 6 months ago.

Looks to me like Northants and west mids have hit a thick brick wall.

The tsunami from London reached here but it looks to be retreating fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we have spent the week discussing a North American that isn't Carney, Spyguy still has a $hit tablet (h/t off topic), Errol likes Putinomics, interest rates remain lower than mole $hit, and once again Nigel 'I want my life back' Farage is the centre of the news cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Which is crazy as the prices were MENTAL 6 months ago.

Looks to me like Northants and west mids have hit a thick brick wall.

The tsunami from London reached here but it looks to be retreating fast.

Northants will always be northants.

I thought youd blown 1 mill on a place and were thinking 'what the FCK have I done!'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 200p said:

 

Go up even faster :wacko:, as the US old-media moguls fleeing elites see London as a "safe haven". Now when I have heard that before?

Expect to see the Obama/Clintons administration to move to Mayfair.

 

Government in exile and all that - like the Free French in WWII 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, John The Pessimist said:

Well we have spent the week discussing a North American that isn't Carney, Spyguy still has a $hit tablet (h/t off topic), Errol likes Putinomics, interest rates remain lower than mole $hit, and once again Nigel 'I want my life back' Farage is the centre of the news cycle.

And Im Hitler too.

Im a member of the KKJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, knock out johnny said:

Government in exile and all that - like the Free French in WWII 

The Polish Gov in Exile were here too . . .  but we soon bumped off that Sikorski guy. How history repeats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assume you mean proper news like Strictly Come Dancing and X Factor updates......I will find out and ask my kids and get back to you. 

In terms of 'world news' Ros wrote more letters and these lot took the p155. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Safe Haven....52% of the country are xeno-racist-phobics.  

 

They're doubling down to fascists as well now.

With the demographics it's fascists goose stepping on zimmers and mobility vehicles.

Edited by billybong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Is that the immigration figures for this week or the new posters on hpc? :lol:

+1

Quote

38 minutes ago, FLICKFACE said:

Everybody on HPC is an idiot. I've been reading this forum for the last 17 years and the quality of poster has gone right down.

I know I only have 12 post, but I lost my login or something and you all smell!

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, John The Pessimist said:

Well we have spent the week discussing a North American that isn't Carney, Spyguy still has a $hit tablet (h/t off topic), Errol likes Putinomics, interest rates remain lower than mole $hit, and once again Nigel 'I want my life back' Farage is the centre of the news cycle.

 

8 hours ago, spyguy said:

And Im Hitler too.

Im a member of the KKJ

54ef1cfe2dbd7e8d20f2044346feb75f.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, One-percent said:

Is that the immigration figures for this week or the new posters on hpc? :lol:

Thats homophobic. Or disaphobic. Or racist. Or whatever.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Next General Election   91 members have voted

    1. 1. When do you predict the next general election will be held?


      • 2019
      • 2020
      • 2021
      • 2022

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.