House Price Crash Forum

Donald Trump vows to immediately deport 3 million

humdrum

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

This is interesting for me, as i have always wanted to see if a country would actually go through with a quick mass deportation programme and the mechanics of carrying it out. 

If it goes ahead i will enjoy seeing the Left's reaction as i consider it the ultimate blow that could be delivered to their "force it on the nation" ideology.  

HOLA446
HOLA447
12 minutes ago, workingpoor said:

This is interesting for me, as i have always wanted to see if a country would actually go through with a quick mass deportation programme and the mechanics of carrying it out. 

Here you go, 12 million ethnic Germans expelled from Eastern Europe into Austria and Germany after WW2, death toll estimated between 0.5-2m.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_and_expulsion_of_Germans_(1944–50)

HOLA448
29 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

Here you go, 12 million ethnic Germans expelled from Eastern Europe into Austria and Germany after WW2, death toll estimated between 0.5-2m.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_and_expulsion_of_Germans_(1944–50)

That was predominatley people fleeing the Red Army's advance into east prussia, it is well documented (Konigsberg, sinking of the willhelm gustloff etc) 

It is not the same as returning illegal migrants to their home country in peacetime.  

HOLA449
41 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

What are the chances of him getting this through Congress and the senate? About none I would have thought.

Depends how much the people in congress like their heads on their shoulders. It's win, win for Trump at this point.

Like people have been warning for years, you can't push and push and push a majority demographic and expect no zero blow back.

HOLA4410
7 minutes ago, buckers said:

Thing is, what's the point of labelling someone 'illegal' and then doing nothing about it. If you have an 'illegal immigrant' and you don't do anything about it then (by default) they are actually an 'immigrant'

This action is more likely to lead to relabelling the issue IMO. Illegals will be called something else to make the problem appear to be solved.

less-legal migrants, alegal migrants...

Eds - of course the BBC has beaten me to it.  They are known as undocumented migrants.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
1 minute ago, davidg said:

O'Bama deported 2.5 million so Trump isn't doing much more than maintaining the status quo

Obama changed the metric so anybody refused entry was a deported illegal. Not the same at all. The left massaging the stats.... again.

Somehow, the Obama administration is simultaneously responsible for the highest rate of deportation in 20 years and a 26 percent drop in deportation. What is going on here? As it turns out, changes in immigration law, terminology and classification are causing this confusion.

One problem is the continued use of “deportation” in virtually all media reporting. In actuality, that category has been obsolete in immigration law since 1996. Prior to 1996, immigration law distinguished between immigrants who were “excluded,” or stopped and prevented from entering U.S. territory, and those who were “deported,” or expelled from the United States after they had made their way into U.S. territory. After 1996, both exclusion and deportation were rolled into one procedure called “removal.” At that point, the term “deportation” no longer had any meaning within the official immigration statistics. Its continued use in media reports is part of the confusion.

Source :- Post 'truth' statistics

You know, I'm f**king sick of all this.

HOLA4413
19 minutes ago, dgul said:

less-legal migrants, alegal migrants...

Eds - of course the BBC has beaten me to it.  They are known as undocumented migrants.

When the ID card furore was going on we used to joke at uni about illegals having ID cards that declared their illegal status, or going one step further - illegals being able to retain their illegal status in return for a reduced set of rights (effectively second class citizens). The crunch would come when the illegals demanded the same rights as legals i.e. all the benefits of being legal with none of the responsibilities. 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

The EU Referendum result here was, I think, largely about two things: [the lack of] democracy and [unchecked] immigration.

Immediately following this, Boris Johnson wrote a piece in which he said that the vote wasn't about immigration.

And, in the days following that, various politicians said "Leaving Europe won't affect immigration".

Funny thing, I thought that, in a democracy, we elect people to represent our wishes. And if a fair number of those Brexit votes were indeed a stance against unchecked immigration * then this rather seems to be a slap in the face.

"Woe is me, we throw our hands in the air. We're supposed to be in charge of this country and despite not having any land borders, there's just nothing that can be done. We can only wring our hands."

We permit, no, encourage, unchecked immigration because it boosts the GDP and the way in which this country is run means that the GDP is the highest priority and, if necessary, to hell with living conditions and wages, especially if those new entrants and indeed those most shafted by said immigration are those most likely to vote Labour, as was, at the time.

During the General Election campaign Nigel Farage was quizzed on this and responded that (I paraphrase) "some things are more important than the GDP numbers".

Along comes Trump and vows to do something about illegal immigration immediately. Business leaders may be aghast. There's a chunk of cheap labour gone. What is this man doing?

Well, perhaps, creating a couple of million employment opportunities for the Americans that he is there to represent.

This must be creating a great sense of unease in the European Union right now.

* I recognise that the immigration here is overwhelmingly legal, it isn't the same as the "problem with the Mexicans", so the parallel isn't entirely accurate, but the political point stands.

HOLA4421

You cannot argue that the USA lets in a lot of immigrants.

Sure its a bif country but you could hardly say its some sort of fortress.

As countries economies get more advanced and complex, its only right that a country can set a hurdle for people wanting to migrate there.

What in fcksake the EU and the UK think they are going to do with with a bunch of North African and Sub-saharan Africans with a couple of years of (poor) schooling????

UK/EU migration appears to be based on only one skill - ability to elbow other people off the  boat and hide in the back of a lorry.

HOLA4422
13 hours ago, blobloblob said:

What are the chances of him getting this through Congress and the senate? About none I would have thought.

Doesn't need to, he will just be organising things so that laws already in place are enforced. 

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
14 hours ago, workingpoor said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_of_Asians_from_Uganda

Granted, not illegals, but pretty dramatic quick expulsion

HOLA4425

Archived