House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Looking for business

Im glad Im not the only person noticing these sort of places

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3930604/Lloyd-Webber-s-war-G-string-Composer-fights-close-brothels-WIFE-mistaken-sex-worker-just-yards-home.html

Now I can understand knocking shops being in larger towns and cities but these place are turning up everywhere.

Ive been to a few small towns and they have two or three.

Originally I did think they were above board. But I was chatting to a Cantonese friend and she raised them and said they were basically people smuggling.

A quick search on the various punter sites showed they were all hand relief + places.

Bit like the nailbars. If the chinese economy is doing so great then why so many of these places?

Learn English and pay for it on your back?

You should get your friend to translate and do the signwroting for them.

There was a spate of "pop up" brothels in Cornwall in the summer and autumn. Someone rents a holiday let for a week and advertises on relevant places on the internet then moves on to another let before the police cotton on.

Given that these places need to advertise where they are surely the police could just monitor relevant sites.

Somebody on "the forum that shall not be named (even though it doesn't exist anymore)" used to frequent them and recount his trips. He made it sound awful but that might just have been his writing style.

17 minutes ago, paulokes said:

The stance has softened on these places as part of these 'harm reduction' initiatives...safer for someone to be working in a shop than walking the streets.  Or so the argument goes.

But then yep if there is a closed door, who knows what goes on behind it.  People smuggling becomes an issue.

I'm at work at the moment and there's one just a few doors down.  Periodically gets raided by the rozzers.  I  imagine this is to scare the punters away and remind the owners to keep it clean and "slave free".

Loads of cop cars and an ambulance outside for ages last night.  I would guess an OD or a punter went mental :(

P

Im not sure harm reduction works when the prozzies are no longer local or the same nationality.

Rather than harm reduction, Id guess relaxing stances on hand job places just vastly increases the level of trafficking.

Just a massive draw for organised crime from Alabania, Romania and China.

1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Now I can understand knocking shops being in larger towns and cities but these place are turning up everywhere.

Ive been to a few small towns and they have two or three.

There's been Lady Janes in Failsworth for donkeys years. God knows who goes there though

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Oldham+Rd,+Failsworth/@53.5090825,-2.1618577,3a,75y,129.69h,89.08t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sRIuv5ceYLKZbBEH18LcB_A!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DRIuv5ceYLKZbBEH18LcB_A%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D34.518414%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x487bb0e0394842bf:0x10d12da760c26c45!8m2!3d53.5098924!4d-2.1599939

4 minutes ago, SarahBell said:

I looks classy.

I guess 'knocking shop with plyboarded windows' failed during the marketing review.

Ive found googling any treatment or beauty place with the word 'punter' in it throws up a lot of additional info on services provided.

Just now, spyguy said:

I looks classy.

I guess 'knocking shop with plyboarded windows' failed during the marketing review.

Ive found googling any treatment or beauty place with the word 'punter' in it throws up a lot of additional info on services provided.

I'm not going to google! I don't want to know.

There was Chloe's further up towards Oldham but think that building might have actually fell down! 

1 minute ago, SarahBell said:

I'm not going to google! I don't want to know.

There was Chloe's further up towards Oldham but think that building might have actually fell down! 

Theres an erection joke in there, somewhere.

I thought that it was just something that happened to you if you live in a big town/city, particularly if you meet some sort of age/demographic profile.

I used to live up King's Cross way and used to get confused for a rent-boy all the time.  

2 hours ago, paulokes said:

The stance has softened on these places as part of these 'harm reduction' initiatives...safer for someone to be working in a shop than walking the streets.  Or so the argument goes.

But then yep if there is a closed door, who knows what goes on behind it.  People smuggling becomes an issue.

I'm at work at the moment and there's one just a few doors down.  Periodically gets raided by the rozzers.  I  imagine this is to scare the punters away and remind the owners to keep it clean and "slave free".

Loads of cop cars and an ambulance outside for ages last night.  I would guess an OD or a punter went mental :(

P

I'd had a few pints and she hadn't done her hair properly. Forgive me.

:wacko::lol:

44 minutes ago, dgul said:

I thought that it was just something that happened to you if you live in a big town/city, particularly if you meet some sort of age/demographic profile.

I used to live up King's Cross way and used to get confused for a rent-boy all the time.  

If there was ever a heads up on the need to change your wardrobe quickly ....

18 minutes ago, spyguy said:

If there was ever a heads up on the need to change your wardrobe quickly ....

It was the early 90s -- cut-off shorts and singlets were all the rage....