House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

Walnut the Whippet

Good point. This is all about the man, not the dog. He's too craven to do the right thing and euthanise the animal straight away.

I was shocked when I saw on tv that he was carrying the poor dog around the beach and exposing it to the people and dogs while it was showing clear signs of stress. Poor Walnut. 

Oh :mellow:  I thought this was a good news story.

This was mentioned on the local radio listings earlier in the week in amongst the coffee mornings and bring and buy sales.  It wasn't given any prominence.

Then by Saturday it's on the national news.

1 hour ago, Bossybabe said:

Good point. This is all about the man, not the dog. He's too craven to do the right thing and euthanise the animal straight away.

I was shocked when I saw on tv that he was carrying the poor dog around the beach and exposing it to the people and dogs while it was showing clear signs of stress. Poor Walnut. 

Good point, I thought it was a bit odd.

But then I guess we like to take the contrarian point of view on a lot of things here.

2 minutes ago, reddog said:

But then I guess we like to take the contrarian point of view on a lot of things here.

Actually, BossyBottom was reading more into my OP than I actually intended. I was just making a stupid joke.

every animal I have  had put down I have made sure the last day is exactly like any other. I thought this Walnut beach walk was cruel. As Bossybabe said, it was all for the people and FB attention, and nothing for the dog.

5 hours ago, happy_renting said:

Actually, BossyBottom was reading more into my OP than I actually intended. I was just making a stupid joke.

My biggest failing: overthinking. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, reddog said:

Possibly because most of us are smarter than the average bear!

I thought the same as many of you.  Might have been some comfort for the bloke, but I doubt the dog will have any idea why hundreds of people suddenly turned up and wanted to pet it etc or derived much pleasure from it either. Just put the poor sod down asap FFS. 

8 hours ago, happy_renting said:

Walnut was given his name because his turds looked like whalnut whips. Without the nut on top, obviously.

I thought it was something to do with pizzagate.

I'm calling "shenanigans" on this story as it claims the gadgie is from Cornwall..!

Everyone knows that whippets are only owned by Northerners...

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish Proverb

Just now, hotairmail said:

Don't they put them down their trousers or summat?

That's ferrets hotty.

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish Proverb

10 hours ago, Bossybabe said:

Whippets do that when in full health ...the most nervous dogs on the planet ...apart from the ones that earn their keep

Whippets are lovely, and they can sleep on my bed. Since it's a full f8gging supermoon, I get the dog basket in the kitchen

Good Dog Nigel

Arf arf he goes a merry sight

Our little hairy friend

Arf arf upon the lampost bright

Arfing round the bend

Nice dog goo boy

Waggy tail and beg

Clever Nigel jump for joy

Because we are putting you to sleep at three oclock Nigel.

-  John Lennon

Same kind of attitude as that woman who recorded her 8 year old in tears for voting trump i.e. using whatever you can for social media likes.

1 hour ago, long time lurking said:

Whippets do that when in full health ...the most nervous dogs on the planet ...apart from the ones that earn their keep

I owned on for 17 years from age 6 weeks. He only did that when stressed or scared. He wasn't a nervous dog. 

I found the whole non story quite mawkish.

Healthy dogs are impounded daily, and I would assume subsequently euthanised in time.  This dog had reached the end of its life!

A British media doggy story, when there are far more significant problems out there!