House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheWormIsTurning

Housebuilding target to be missed, says minister

http://news.sky.com/story/housebuilding-to-be-turbo-charged-says-minister-10652588

The Housing Minister admits "we clearly need to do better" as he announces plans to "turbo-charge" housebuilding.

I can't see a plan other than giving £18million pound to councils who are complicit in stopping house building.

We need less planning laws. Christ how i wish this nation had a Donald Trump to get things done, we just get more of the same.

38 minutes ago, TheWormIsTurning said:

http://news.sky.com/story/housebuilding-to-be-turbo-charged-says-minister-10652588

The Housing Minister admits "we clearly need to do better" as he announces plans to "turbo-charge" housebuilding.

I can't see a plan other than giving £18million pound to councils who are complicit in stopping house building.

We need less planning laws. Christ how i wish this nation had a Donald Trump to get things done, we just get more of the same.

We need to stop importing loads of people at least until our infrastructure allows it.  Loads of housing gone up round me.  Can't get an appointment at the doctors, public transport is a living hell, schools massively oversubscribed, roads gridlocked and property beyond the means of all but the über rich

Those making the decisions around mass immigration on our behalf are comfortably housed and have surplus housing assets...they don't care about those competing for housing with the newcomers.

Thing is i've the money to gift someone up to £100K for a plot of land to build a small house, all my friends are builders and a good friend is an architect. But the Govt and councils won;t allow me to build as i'd need another £60-80K for the land and 100m2 house.

I've identified council owned land but have effectively been told to f off. These people need to learn they're reliant on people like me to fund their parasitic life.

That was a quick U-Turn.  

Unfortunately such a rapid U-Turn just makes the party look like unscrupulous self serving and wicked dodgers.

21 September 2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-34209027

'Million' new homes aim declared by minister Brandon Lewis

Edited by billybong

1 hour ago, One-percent said:

We need to stop importing loads of people at least until our infrastructure allows it.  Loads of housing gone up round me.  Can't get an appointment at the doctors, public transport is a living hell, schools massively oversubscribed, roads gridlocked and property beyond the means of all but the über rich

Got that joy coming in my area 2000-3000 flats all in planning around various projects within a mile of each other in the town centre , plus a football ground , plus relocation of a collage onto what is currently an outside carpark.I have gone through the planning applications and all of them base ( and are approved ) on the basis that the current docters etc can cope but no mention that once all are built within a few months /years of each other everything will become over subscribed .

In order to allow more building the council decided to deem being in the town centre meant no need for cars :blink: so alot of the plots have little or no provision for cars /parking 

1 minute ago, Nabby81 said:

Got that joy coming in my area 2000-3000 flats all in planning around various projects within a mile of each other in the town centre , plus a football ground , plus relocation of a collage onto what is currently an outside carpark.I have gone through the planning applications and all of them base ( and are approved ) on the basis that the current docters etc can cope but no mention that once all are built within a few months /years of each other everything will become over subscribed .

In order to allow more building the council decided to deem being in the town centre meant no need for cars :blink: so alot of the plots have little or no provision for cars /parking 

Oh, the car parking is a further joy I forgot to mention.  On building the new flats sorry apartments, planning decided that the number of parking places had to be reduced to discourage people from owning cars.  So, unsurprisingly all these new people have cars, nowhere to park and so clutter up the surrounding streets.  The ripple effect of this goes on for half a mike or so.  In the evening, I see people parking in my road and skipping off down the street as they live nowhere near, but it is the nearest they can dump their car. Que a load of front gardens getting concreted so people can park when they arrive home. 

We have hit peak parking in the neighbourhood and not sure where it will go from here

3 hours ago, TheWormIsTurning said:

Christ how i wish this nation had a Donald Trump to get things done, we just get more of the same.

Mr Trump hasn't done feck all for the American people....yet.

And I predict he will get very little done as he is clueless when it comes to the internal workings and nuances of government.

A party whip is not the same as a boisterous president, and Trump has not earned the politco's respect.

His election is all based on empty rhetoric and polarisation of a 46.9% of the people that actually voted in the 2016 election.

If he runs America like he's done with Trump Ltd the whole nation is headed to bankruptcy in a real hurry.

He's a 70 year old man, built his empire on risky real estate and was gifted a fortune with his inheritance. His vast personal life's worth of celebrity won't endure.

The wind will run out of his political sails about 0.000001 milli-seconds after inauguration.

Still... it's going to be entertaining regardless. He is an iconoclast.

One of the few good ideas Labour had was the 2007 Eco-Town proposal, which resulted in four new 'town' locations being approved in 2009. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eco-towns

At the time there was plenty of hub-bub about them trying to subvert the planning process and forcing stuff through, but Labour said they would follow proper planning permission whether people believed that or not.

End result by 2016?

North West Bicester is still under construction and the other three appear to have done nothing and had all eco requirements dropped (if you care about such things). Check out this exciting progress 7 years later.

https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/environment-and-planning/planning/eco-communities/about-the-eco-communities-project/

These projects were only for about 5,000 houses each. There is something very wrong with housebuilding in this country.

30 minutes ago, cashinmattress said:

Mr Trump hasn't done feck all for the American people....yet.

He's a 70 year old man, built his empire on risky real estate and was gifted a fortune with his inheritance. His vast personal life's worth of celebrity won't endure.

Agreed with comment 1 being as he's not in the job yet, but i believe he will make epic changes to America and try to do what he said. He's not in it for the money or for doing the talk circuit when he's finished the mans got nothing to lose by trying.

He inherited a couple of million and has turned it into several billion using the rules of the game, for someone born with a silver spoon in his mouth thats some achievement, not to mention becoming President when the entire establishment and his own party were against him which is some achievement. The mans done rather well.

If we had the equivalent of him i've no doubt the govt would manage to hit a very low target of house building, with an entire generation priced out and wanting to buy, vast amounts of immigration  and epic amounts of finance poured into the housing market annually. All the pieces are in place to build a poxy 200,000 houses a year.

Only the LIBLABCON party can be so utterly incompetent not to manage to build this amount. They even try and blame Labour from 2010. If they didn't re-inflate the bubble people could afford to buy new builds the reason they're not building is because they're too expensive.

I'm thinking that this cannot be fixed, there are too many laws, politicians are too divided and weak to do anything, big business can tie everything up in the law courts and just buy everything to optimise their profits.

This is going to take a fundamental change in philosophy for parliament and the free market. I don't see it happening until London is burning and a lot more widespread than last time.

23 minutes ago, frederico said:

I'm thinking that this cannot be fixed, there are too many laws, politicians are too divided and weak to do anything, big business can tie everything up in the law courts and just buy everything to optimise their profits.

This is going to take a fundamental change in philosophy for parliament and the free market. I don't see it happening until London is burning and a lot more widespread than last time.

They're 30K a year down apparently. So build 150,000 council houses in 3.5 years. It really is that simple.

I'd love to know how many of those 170,000 go to British owner occupiers. 

We've had 2 generations of career politicians and they're utterly clueless, that stupid thing Ed Balls married was on question time last night and she prefectly represents the reason why the LIBLABCON lack the brains to know whats going on.

And i love the comment about there being a shortage of builders, funny that was never the case before scum like Ms Ed balls done all they can to gift British builders jobs to the Polish as they'd work for less and not answer back. 

1 hour ago, TheWormIsTurning said:

He inherited a couple of million and has turned it into several billion using the rules of the game, for someone born with a silver spoon in his mouth thats some achievement, not to mention becoming President when the entire establishment and his own party were against him which is some achievement. The mans done rather well.

If he follows his tried and tested approach, he should be declaring the USA bankrupt sometime early next year.

on the parking point...i am sure the architect and planning consultant are comfortably housed with adequate parking...their developments have designed in misery and conflict for the poor saps unlucky enough to live in them.

1 hour ago, Futuroid said:

If he follows his tried and tested approach, he should be declaring the USA bankrupt sometime early next year.

The USA is already as bankrupt as us

No bloody sh** sherlock! Of course they are missed the target, did anyone?, anyone? think they would achieve it??.

My company is employing temps for logistics work. 4 years ago none of them had cars and you could get a space in the car park. 90% were polish, romanian, moldovan,lithuanian, and rest of europe. Now they all drive cars and I suspect the picture is the same all over the city. Immigrants everywhere. Yes I can't get a doctors appointment and I wonder why! Schools overrun of course it follows that there is pressure on housing. The MPs don't care as they all have at least 2 BTL's. They have a reason not to get people building. These new houses are overpriced rabbit hutches with no gardens of parking anyway¬!

Yep, very slowly drip feeding expensive small low quality new builds, on old swamp land, often overlooking noisy dual carriageways, motorways, rail and city bypasses. People still buy em though :rolleyes:.