House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wsn03

State Media - utter s4ite!!!

2 days after America rejects globalisation, by appointing the man capable of starting WW3, on the day that many the US citizens show us that they think they can reject democracy when it fails to give them the results they want, when our own Liberal party decide to do the same by trying to force another referendum...on the day they announce that babies can suffocate on journeys longer than half an hour...what do they put as the main headline, and then devote the opening and closing articles on news hour to? A depressed poet who couldn't sing very well happened to die this morning.

I now actively hate the BBC, more than I have at any other time in my life. T0ssers.

...well it goes like this, the fourth and fifth.....

Oh, and its more important than the total collapse of the black market in India brought about by the banning of high value currency notes. Incredible....a poet who couldn't sing has died, oh no!

Makes a change from house price ramping. However, it really does show what a waste of space the BBC have become. Any artist dying is not worthy of that much coverage, it isn't as big as all of the major world events going on. There are millions of artists, the famous ones just got lucky, but didn't do anything more than any of the others to make it - so all this crap about how genius they were - ridiculous.

To be the dissenting voice, it really isn't that much coverage. It's headlining at the moment on the BBC website, but will likely drop off soon and, regardless, I very much doubt its going to distract people from some of the other important issues that are affecting the world at the moment.

It would be a sad and impoverished world if we can only focus on the "hard" news stories and not recognise the passing of poets, like Leonard Cohen, who have illuminated the human conditions in beautiful and often very profound ways. 

What annoyed me is how Sky and the BBC showed these anti democracy protesters as mere rioters, but i'd sooner hear about Leonard Cohen than these would be fascist snowflakes.

What really annoys me also is the fact there has been zero debate about ZIRP, money printing, unafforable housing (yes in America also), endlessly bailing out banks and how all this was kicked off by Mr Clinton ending Glass Steagall. Yet there is no debate in the MSM about why any working person with an ounce of common sense would vote for the status quo and continue to be screwed over. Nope the debate is about feminism, climate change, diversity and gay rights. It really is past time the sneering journalists at MSM headquarters and weepy snowflakes understood we don't care about this. 

As for Trump being the man to start WW3, well the Kremlin claims its was Clinton who would have started it, but what do they know.
http://heatst.com/politics/kremlin-clinton-victory-would-have-led-to-world-war-3-between-russia-and-the-us/

Also Mrs Clintons party has been provoking Russia for the last 8 years is what would have possibly started a war, too add Clintons been Secretary of State whilst all this has been going on yet Trump the non interventionist is now claimed as being a warmonger by the MSM and its sheep.

27 minutes ago, neuvilla said:

To be the dissenting voice, it really isn't that much coverage. It's headlining at the moment on the BBC website, but will likely drop off soon and, regardless, I very much doubt its going to distract people from some of the other important issues that are affecting the world at the moment.

It would be a sad and impoverished world if we can only focus on the "hard" news stories and not recognise the passing of poets, like Leonard Cohen, who have illuminated the human conditions in beautiful and often very profound ways. 

+1. Very well put. Normal propaganda service will be resumed shortly...

Private Eye has had several write ups of the gutting of BBC News' fact-checking resources.  See also Nick Davies' excellent Flat Earth News.

The BBC News website's greatest enemy is itself.  All its old stories are archived and so it is possible to dig up a story from 15 years ago and see how much better researched it is than a story today.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Fivelivr just played an hour of his songs.

Not sure it if is related but hospital admissions have just spiked...

I like Leonard Cohen, I listened to his music. I am glad Trump is in power, because the western system is very broken.

Cohen's death doesn't warrant 20 minutes of news. The really screwed up state we're in, and the 2 generations of disenchanted folk waiting to lose their temper - that's a bit more important to me. As is babies at risk on journeys, be nice to have had real details on how, why, how to prevent etc...must start reading Private Eye

THE BANKERS’ MANIFESTO OF 1892

"Capital must protect itself in every way, through combination and through legislation. Debts must be collected and loans and mortgages foreclosed as soon as possible. When through a process of law, the common people have lost their homes, they will be more tractable and more easily governed by the strong arm of the law applied by the central power of wealth, under control of leading financiers. People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. This is well known among our principal men now engaged in forming an imperialism of capital to govern the world. By dividing the people we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us except as teachers of the common herd. Thus by discrete action we can secure for ourselves what has been generally planned and successfully accomplished."

Link:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-160372

1 minute ago, The Spaniard said:

THE BANKERS’ MANIFESTO OF 1892

"Capital must protect itself in every way, through combination and through legislation. Debts must be collected and loans and mortgages foreclosed as soon as possible. When through a process of law, the common people have lost their homes, they will be more tractable and more easily governed by the strong arm of the law applied by the central power of wealth, under control of leading financiers. People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. This is well known among our principal men now engaged in forming an imperialism of capital to govern the world. By dividing the people we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us except as teachers of the common herd. Thus by discrete action we can secure for ourselves what has been generally planned and successfully accomplished."

Link:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-160372

That is very scary. The EU nearly pulled it off too!

2 hours ago, TheWormIsTurning said:

What annoyed me is how Sky and the BBC showed these anti democracy protesters as mere rioters, but i'd sooner hear about Leonard Cohen than these would be fascist snowflakes.

What really annoys me also is the fact there has been zero debate about ZIRP, money printing, unafforable housing (yes in America also), endlessly bailing out banks and how all this was kicked off by Mr Clinton ending Glass Steagall. Yet there is no debate in the MSM about why any working person with an ounce of common sense would vote for the status quo and continue to be screwed over. Nope the debate is about feminism, climate change, diversity and gay rights. It really is past time the sneering journalists at MSM headquarters and weepy snowflakes understood we don't care about this. 

As for Trump being the man to start WW3, well the Kremlin claims its was Clinton who would have started it, but what do they know.
http://heatst.com/politics/kremlin-clinton-victory-would-have-led-to-world-war-3-between-russia-and-the-us/

Also Mrs Clintons party has been provoking Russia for the last 8 years is what would have possibly started a war, too add Clintons been Secretary of State whilst all this has been going on yet Trump the non interventionist is now claimed as being a warmonger by the MSM and its sheep.

All spot on.

Several people have said to me that electing Trump increases the risk of war with Russia when it actually significantly reduces it.

Telling the same lie, endlessly repeated by the BBC in particular, has an effect.

45 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

All spot on.

Several people have said to me that electing Trump increases the risk of war with Russia when it actually significantly reduces it.

Telling the same lie, endlessly repeated by the BBC in particular, has an effect.

My reference to him starting WW3 is just a joke, the fact that Putin likes him is a relief. I agree with his stance on NATO (why do it if the others don't stick to their side of the bargain) and on China, they have been taking the p1ss not just out of the US but the whole of the western world. I'm actually glad he won, I'm sick of the system failing us all.

My point was a depressed poet doesn't warrant so much coverage in light of everything going on in the world atm

All the BBC had to do was be neutral, and they'd have a truly unique selling point - but of course, they have an agenda, so neutrality is off the table.  Every organization with some power behind it has an agenda, or is given one. 

I have just listened to Dont Log Off, Mr President on Radio 4.

Well worth a listen.

Included about half way through was a 'loss of feed' just as one of the people interviewed was about to give an account of all the crimes that he considered that Hillary Clinton had committed. Another BBC 'Jane Standley' moment.:ph34r:

The feed was restored just long enough for the interviewee to say (with humour) that he thought 'the CIA was working overtime'.

Then quickly on to the next person  .....

An Unabashed BBC on their Newswatch programme with Samera Ahmed re. their biased Elitist coverage of the US election. Not their fault that their viewers are bigotted white f%%kwits that require reeducation.

The BBCs output has increased many fold since the 1970s and as such it becomes increasingly evident how biased it is as it looses the ability to fine tune its content before broadcast.

The edits are more  glaringly obvious as is how it chooses its camera shots and what and how it reports and more obviously the news it ignores and does not report on its mainstream programming.

The best strategy is reporter shaming via blogs as this shows up on search engines for all to see just as Monisha Rajesh has found out.

1 hour ago, The Spaniard said:

Included about half way through was a 'loss of feed' just as one of the people interviewed was about to give an account of all the crimes that he considered that Hillary Clinton had committed. Another BBC 'Jane Standley' moment.:ph34r:

For those that don't know:-