House Price Crash Forum

What effect will the Trump presidency have on UK house prices?

HOLA441
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
27 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Theyll shoot up - there will be a massive shortage of bricks as he builds that fkcing big wall.

I actually laughed at that and made the dog jump. ?

HOLA449
9 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

On a more serious note, BBC Business saying chance of a US IR hike next month now much smaller. Makes a rise here (even) less likely too?

I think that has to be viewed with an eye on the Dollar. Looks more likely then.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Meh. Won't make a bean of difference seeing as the Fed bailed out British banks to the tune of hundreds of billions of greenbacks. They are inextricably linked. Americas rates are going nowhere, as is the UK's.

On the plus side, my big stake on Mr Trump at the bookies came in... a free month of living thank you.

HOLA4412

It'll probably provide an excuse for the Fed to keep up a super-lax monetary policy, a la the BoE with Brexit.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the so-called 'Liberals' reacting to this.  One of the BBC newsreaders earlier looked like she was about to burst out in tears when reading the news headlines.  Bwahahahaha  :lol:  Should be plenty more golden moments to come over the day as Social Justice Warriors and the mainstream media melt down.

HOLA4413
1 minute ago, Sour Mash said:

It'll probably provide an excuse for the Fed to keep up a super-lax monetary policy, a la the BoE with Brexit.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the so-called 'Liberals' reacting to this.  One of the BBC newsreaders earlier looked like she was about to burst out in tears when reading the news headlines.  Bwahahahaha  :lol:  Should be plenty more golden moments to come over the day as Social Justice Warriors and the mainstream media melt down.

I thought that the BBC was meant to be impartial.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
8 minutes ago, Sour Mash said:

All and any pretence of impartiality was thrown out the window in the run up to this election.  I think that will now come back to bite those cretins as the general public are now more and more cynical of the veracity of the news.

Has B. Liar been on yet calling for a second vote?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
10 minutes ago, Sour Mash said:

All and any pretence of impartiality was thrown out the window in the run up to this election.  I think that will now come back to bite those cretins as the general public are now more and more cynical of the veracity of the news.

Sometimes I think they are so obviously against someone it is self defeating, they have never heard the term "over egg the pudding".

HOLA4418
Just now, iamnumerate said:

Sometimes I think they are so obviously against someone it is self defeating, they have never heard the term "over egg the pudding".

You would have thought that they'd have learned something from the Scottish Referendum and then Brexit but ..... no.  They just keep overstepping the mark in their zeal to tell the public how to think.

Can the general public ever have held the mainstream media in lower regard?  Let's hope the trend of cynicism continues.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
36 minutes ago, Grumpysod said:

I am just waiting for the BBC to now parade it's long list of showbiz luvvies  on how disgusted and shocked they all are, of course forgetting the reasons why normal real people might have gone down this road.

That's been the best bit so far. The DM did a whole article about rich wealthy celebs being in disbelief. ha ha ha no one listened to them.

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, iamnumerate said:

Mark Carney will cut rates to 0% and print lots of money, just because it is a shock.

Mark Carney and his liberal elites with their BBC&Sky mouthpieces should realise the public have taken over the airwaves through social media...and much to their elitist horror the 'public' have a vote the same as their own ...they do not believe this is a good thing for their backing of the corrupt and snouts in the trough 'elites' feeding of the EU...they are special ... thinking they deserve these pickings....they need to now seek refuge in countries where there is no democracy and their sick propaganda, rigged polls and bile are accepted....:rolleyes:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

maybe more left leaning Americans migrating to the UK and particularly London..?  That will shore up demand and support prices..not great.

As for the BBC reporting, on R4 this morning we had one 'expert' tell us it was the end of the western world..?  Really?  and rather than comment on the perfectly reasonable acceptance speech he gave she went on to refer to comments he made in 2002 that better suited the narrative.  The reporting is a joke...

As for the stupid and arrogant position taken by N Sturgeon - Trump strikes me as someone who holds grudges..hopefully her ill advised comments will come back to haunt her.