House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

2016 A Christmas of disappointment

*Online shops that say the item is in stock, take your money, but become out of stock when it is not delivered when you phone them.

-(They don't hold any stock but out source to another supplier - down a long chain, it's probably a 14 year old boy working from his bedroom)

*Waiting for deliveries on agreed dates 7am-8pm, but don't show up

*Horrid customer service help lines that pass you from pillar to post, and being on hold

-Wrong helpline numbers on the web page

-Press one, then press five etc.

*People not getting back to you, when they say they will.

And it's only November!

Well I think you lot are going to get lumps of coal this year. Gifts from shops that I can physically place my hands on and buying from small ebay sellers I think will make "2016 Christmas" Great.

LOL.

====

I should also now add to the original post.

*Miscommunications

-Our 3rd party team never received the order, and can't find your order

Good luck out there.

I thought I was safe - I placed the order at the end of September!

Beware of shopping catalogues in Sunday Newspapers, but this isn't the only company giving me gip.

We get a lot of people buying stuff and having it directly shipped on to their customers. A lot add notes requesting plain packaging and no delivery notes, which they can sod right off with.

Nation of skimmers and flippers. I tell you.

Christmas is dying big time although secret santa still seems quite strong always get some special tat in aimed at that particular online market.

12 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Even with a snooker ball in them?

I used batteries, when I had to share a bunk bed.:huh:

2 hours ago, 200p said:

LOL.

====

I should also now add to the original post.

*Miscommunications

-Our 3rd party team never received the order, and can't find your order

Good luck out there.

As long as you used a credit card just claim your money back and put a complaint in about them to whoever you can think of // trading standards/watchdog/etc

The only things I do for Christmas is give my son, daughter and niece and nephew some cash and have Christmas dinner with the  family.

Havent done Christmas cards for about 20 years and got rid of Christmas tree and decorations 5 years ago.

Its only early November and I'm already fed up of the hype which only heightens as it draws nearer.

Its just another day ?I

18 hours ago, 200p said:

*Online shops that say the item is in stock, take your money, but become out of stock when it is not delivered when you phone them.

Noticed something along these lines with Argos recently on two occasions.

Googled for a specific item from a well known kids toy maker. Google shopping throws up a raft of results, but Argos have the item for 20% less than everyone else.

Off to the Argos website I go, and after adding the item to my "cart" it turns out it's out of stock. Ended up buying it elsewhere but when I checked Argos again a couple of weeks later they have the item in stock but the price is now 20% more and in line with everyone else.

I was puzzled by this behavior until I figured out it was a cunning way to use their out of stock items as a "lure" to get customers on to their site, where probably 10-20% end up buying some other thing from Argos.

Can we have an HPC thread about how best to avoid Christmas? I'm already sick to death of the adverts on the radio.

Avoiding TV and using Adblock, and avoiding the High Street seems to be the best way.

24 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Can we have an HPC thread about how best to avoid Christmas? I'm already sick to death of the adverts on the radio.

Avoiding TV and using Adblock, and avoiding the High Street seems to be the best way.

I've seen Christmas advertised in pubs since early September. There is no refuge.

Probably best to buy it now, before it doubles in price.

I buy a bag of mixed nuts every few weeks, normally £3.50, now £7.99 with some fancy Christmas packaging. ****** that.

21 hours ago, 200p said:

Well I think you lot are going to get lumps of coal this year. Gifts from shops that I can physically place my hands on and buying from small ebay sellers I think will make "2016 Christmas" Great.

Relax!

Have a Toblerone... ... oh...