House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dog

Field Guide To Bulls

IQ 100+

Extinct.

IQ 80-100

This type of bull usually has several properties or one property with a big mortgage. They can be recognised by the dark patches around their eyes and their habit of sitting in corners and rocking backwards and forwards with their hands around their knees.

IQ 40-80

This type of bull is actively looking to buy more property or to get his or her 'toe on the ladder'. They tend to have a very happy and positive disposition but have problems in getting both eyes to point in the same direction at once.

IQ 40 or less

This group buy 'new build flats' from developers. They also have problems with controlling eye direction but can also be identified by their habit of letting their tongues dangle out ot their mouths.

Field guide to Bears

First time buyer – owes about 10 grand, paying £300 a month in rent (or living with mum) no chance of getting a house if house prices don’t crash (as they are doing and continue to go up 2% ish a year)

Sold to rent - £200000 in the bank, getting £350 in interest but paying £700 in rent, If prices go up for the next couple of years they will by again but will only be able to afford the same as they sold (probably less after the divorce) but enjoy counting the amount of money they have lost since they sold

Question who has the lowest IQ if houses continue to go up by 2%

1: landlord making 4% on his investment

2: STR’er making 4% on his investment but paying £700 on rent

How big is that IF? I know that a market can stay irrational for a long time but eventually it has to become rational again.

PS nothing around me is selling. and our next door neighbours are about to knock £10,000 or &% off their asking price (the market only went mad locally not totally insane unlike most other places by the looks of it).

Field guide to Bears

First time buyer – owes about 10 grand, paying £300 a month in rent (or living with mum) no chance of getting a house if house prices don’t crash (as they are doing and continue to go up 2% ish a year)

Sold to rent - £200000 in the bank, getting £350 in interest but paying £700 in rent, If prices go up for the next couple of years they will by again but will only be able to afford the same as they sold (probably less after the divorce) but enjoy counting the amount of money they have lost since they sold

IQ 40 or less

Field guide to Bears

what about the FTBer with 25k in savings, saving £500->1000 a mounth because they are paying £200 a mounth to rent all inclusive?

Edited by moosetea

Field guide to Bears

And Bull's

The ability to not notice what is happening to property prices as they grasp statistics..

I am seeing big drops already here..

Devon said 4%..

? really....

I am seeing more.

As in, if I wanted to buy a house it would cost me less then it would have a year ago.

For every seller who has a bulls opinion as to what their property is worth there are many more who are selling for as much as they can get

How big is that IF? I know that a market can stay irrational for a long time but eventually it has to become rational again.

If interest rates were lowered to 2% like in Europe so that the economy is boosted we could easily carry on this bubble. What is more likely the bank of England raise rates to protect the pound or lower the rates to continue the good times?

What good times?

Unless salaries catch up with the boom we've just had, over the next decade we can kiss goodbye to thousands of small UK businesses that formerly served the UK consumer. Work it out.

Edited by megaflop

PS nothing around me is selling. and our next door neighbours are about to knock £10,000 or &% off their asking price (the market only went mad locally not totally insane unlike most other places by the looks of it).

According to them sales have improved

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/060123/214/g1vc9.html

Britain's HM Revenue and Customs reported that the number of property transactions rose to 153,000 in December from an upwardly revised 152,000 in November.

"What good times?"

Well I’m still waiting for them – I wish I had bought a few BTL’es 5 years ago – but still I would not sell them until we had reached the top of the market- the question is have we reached the top or are IR’s on the way down so that prices can still rise at about £10000 a year (not much compared to the last few years)

Oh come on guys - so many of you jumping on the bash the bulls thread? It was so obviously bull-bait in the first place. I know it's fun and all that, but well.... ;)

Oh come on guys - so many of you jumping on the bash the bulls thread? It was so obviously bull-bait in the first place. I know it's fun and all that, but well.... ;)

So who’s the bull that’s getting a bash then – it’s not me – I’m saying it as I see it

I sold to rent over a year ago !

So who’s the bull that’s getting a bash then – it’s not me – I’m saying it as I see it

I sold to rent over a year ago !

Apologies LTTP - didn't realise...foot, mouth, put, in etc

I like a good argument / discussion sometimes + can’t stand some of the “ it’s all over now stance type people” – why I play the bull

Good for you! We need this otherwise it gets boring.

so its not just because you are a complete and utter psycho nutter b@stard then?

Where have I acted like a “complete and utter psycho nutter b@stard”

You’re acting like the psycho!

As well as being a little premature with a name like Crash is under way – change it to the crash may start soon

As well as being a little premature with a name like Crash is under way – change it to the crash may start soon

The guy suffers from premature ejaculation probably, can't stop himself saying 'crash' a bit like some turrets syndrome sufferer. You think the guy would be worn out now, having suffered it for so long .... and still not a crash in sight.

House price crash, just like the really bad winter we were meant to have ... we are still waiting for that as well !!

:lol:

The guy suffers from premature ejaculation probably, can't stop himself saying 'crash' a bit like some turrets syndrome sufferer. You think the guy would be worn out now, having suffered it for so long .... and still not a crash in sight.

House price crash, just like the really bad winter we were meant to have ... we are still waiting for that as well !!

:lol:

I must be getting really dull..

I always have to post..

already seeing massive price drops where I am in Devon..

Not perhaps every property..

But I only need one..

and I know.. I know that I can save around £40,000 and about 30% on what I would have paid last year..

You may still think I am wrong...

that does not matter..

They are dropping or not selling..

a few are selling at old prices..

But I won't be buying one of them.

It was very cold today.

Is turrets a special castle variation of tourettes?

[edit - I was replying to the post above the one above]

Edited by Given Up

According to them sales have improved

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/060123/214/g1vc9.html

Britain's HM Revenue and Customs reported that the number of property transactions rose to 153,000 in December from an upwardly revised 152,000 in November.

"What good times?"

Well I’m still waiting for them – I wish I had bought a few BTL’es 5 years ago – but still I would not sell them until we had reached the top of the market- the question is have we reached the top or are IR’s on the way down so that prices can still rise at about £10000 a year (not much compared to the last few years)

Don't know what those figures refer to but it is not residential house sales. This would mean 1.83 million sales a year. The most in the last 5 or 6 years has been about 1.2 million.

Field guide to Bears

£350 interest on £200,000 is that in an HSBC current account??