House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have assembled you all here

because I have discovered that there is a theif on the forum.

In the last week two topics, one about calamity Carney and the other about Brexit, have been stolen and have since been discovered in other, less thriving, forums.  This is theft, pure and simple.

I will now turn out the lights and if, when I turn them back on again in ten minutes' time, the topics have been returned then we shall say no more about it.

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

ure and simple.

Can't have been me -- I was on the other side of town when we moved the threads.

You never seen me do nuffin, copper.  

10 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

because I have discovered that there is a theif on the forum.

In the last week two topics, one about calamity Carney and the other about Brexit, have been stolen and have since been discovered in other, less thriving, forums.  This is theft, pure and simple.

I will now turn out the lights and if, when I turn them back on again in ten minutes' time, the topics have been returned then we shall say no more about it.

It's probably relatively easy to get it back again

Does anyone stop to consider what happens to threads when they are pushed down beyond the bottom of the forum page?

They are wound onto a large electronic spool. It is a bit like the end of a toothpaste tube, squeezing posts out of older threads.

A bit of leakage is inevitable.

Caveat: I don't really know much about computers, an IT bod in a pub explained all this to me.

You will all be kept back after school until the culprit is handed over. 

Nb - It was only when I became an adult that I realised that this sort of collective punishment for the acts of  individuals was outlawed by the Geneva Convention. I wish I had known this when I was a pupil.

18 minutes ago, stormymonday_2011 said:

You will all be kept back after school until the culprit is handed over. 

Nb - It was only when I became an adult that I realised that this sort of collective punishment for the acts of  individuals was outlawed by the Geneva Convention. I wish I had known this when I was a pupil.

What about "We know who did it, but we are giving you a chance to come forward and save yourself from extra punishment." - Who ever fell for that one? :lol: