House Price Crash Forum

Interest Rates to rise....

HOLA441
HOLA442

Carney was interviewed on BBC News yesterday. Well, that's using the word interview in tis softest, wolliest most unthreatening sense. The interviewer concluded the piece by saying that the current financial climate meant that there was now a real chance that interest rates could be cut or raised...

HOLA443
16 minutes ago, Shrink Proof said:

Carney was interviewed on BBC News yesterday. Well, that's using the word interview in tis softest, wolliest most unthreatening sense. The interviewer concluded the piece by saying that the current financial climate meant that there was now a real chance that interest rates could be cut or raised...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA444
32 minutes ago, Shrink Proof said:

Central bankers are God and they don"t do mere mortal interviews. Reminds me of when Jonathan Agnew was swiftly put down by Mervyn King onTMS or asking the wrong questions to do with the economy. Ok it was a cricket programme but it was clear that Agnew was a mere ant beside the mighty King and was easily crushed. And clearly Agnew needed to know the proticol..

you just don't ask CBs searching questions.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
1 hour ago, SarahBell said:

The sad thing is most debtors would be in trouble at 1% increase.

I would argue that a lot of debtors would be in trouble at a 0.25% increase.

0.25 at the central rate would be what? a factor of four higher, if not more at the commercial banks?

I work in a town (Aberdeen) where like London, many eejit people on ridiculous salaries or contractor rates are into their overdrafts by the first week in each month.

HOLA448
HOLA449
35 minutes ago, cashinmattress said:

0.25 at the central rate would be what? a factor of four higher, if not more at the commercial banks?

I work in a town (Aberdeen) where like London, many eejit people on ridiculous salaries or contractor rates are into their overdrafts by the first week in each month.

I'd bet it won't take more than a 1% rise in IR's to bring the whole thing down again. QE is the chosen weapon because the masses don't understand it's ill-effects well enough to resist it.

Most of this talk is posturing to shore up the £. The FED did several years of it before they put rates up 0.25%.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
51 minutes ago, cashinmattress said:

Clear them out and make way for sound money from renter-savers becoming owners.

The millions carrying the weight of the bubble chasers, spendaholics and long-wave mad-gainz hpiers.

Is oil money has spent away massive salaries, with debt on top, find it out.  Including one Aberdeener with loads of BTLers and 'foreverHPI' lecturing over since 2009.

Edited by Venger