House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Professor who tweeted against PC culture out at NYU

33 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

They don't try to argue their case, it's straight to:- concern for his mental health.

It's official, if you disagree with them in any way you are mentally ill.

1 hour ago, whitevanman said:

They don't try to argue their case, it's straight to:- concern for his mental health.

It's official, if you disagree with them in any way you are mentally ill.

Is that mentally ill as in you get a licenece to to out and stab, assault, r*pe and murder people mentally ill? Or just the one where they fire you from your job?

If you rock the boat, be prepared for the consequences.  You can be a renegade or a yes-man, but really ,when you are an employee, you sign up to sacrificing your morals each day, and toe the line.

39 minutes ago, 200p said:

If you rock the boat, be prepared for the consequences.  You can be a renegade or a yes-man, but really ,when you are an employee, you sign up to sacrificing your morals each day, and toe the line.

Well yes, but there is such a thing as academic freedom written into contracts to enable academics to call it how they see it.  Once that is gone, and it has, all of academia loses its credibility, which as far as I can see, it has.

Wasn't a university education supposed to be about learning how to think and make critical analysis - different from being taught.

Clearly today's students don't like to veer from their programming and prefer a sanitised environment.

I feel that we are at the tail end of the censorship bus.

Even if Trump does not win, the left wing media madness, which is largely behind the SJW crusade success, has been exposed to the populations of first the UK and now the USA.  More and more people will have a small voice inside telling them this is wrong.

Expect the backlash to be huge, and visible.

It's the most blatant symptom of a seriously ill system - from the top to bottom of its structure. 

Pumped full of lies, deception, dirty tricks and false accusations to try to keep itself going.

I went on a "diversity" course to stop me throwing bananas at black people.:huh: I had never thought of it before, but now I want to!:(

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I went on a "diversity" course to stop me throwing bananas at black people.:huh: I had never thought of it before, but now I want to!:(

That's racist, innit. You should throw bananas at everyone instead, while shouting "Vote Hilary" and "Stronger Together". And doing your best J-Lo impression.

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

That's racist, innit. You should throw bananas at everyone instead, while shouting "Vote Hilary" and "Stronger Together". And doing your best J-Lo impression.

You are quite correct! I should throw bananas at everyone, even pink people! I don't think I have the bottom for a J-Lo impression.:huh: