House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

humdrum

"If economists want to be useful again they need

I think there's a good case for demanding that economists justify their existence. My thoughts about the economy post Brexit vote were more accurate than most of theirs. 

Economics, when practised like statistics, is useful. You sample and record.

However when you get into macro economics and political enonmoics where its a bunch of politicians who cannoy get elected, or do hard sums or model compkex systems, it becomes a total fcking joke.

Witness LTCM to Ed Balls to 2007.

2 minutes ago, Bossybabe said:

. My thoughts about the economy post Brexit vote were more accurate than most of theirs. 

Mine weren't.

I voted Brexit but I thought that the economy would tank and that we would just have to accept that freedom was more important than money. So I stashed away such miserable competences as I had in the hope of picking up a sackload of bargains when the FTSE100 collapsed.

And what has happened? Bugger all happened, that is what has happened.

Marmite has gone up 12p in Morrisons and that is about it.I had hopes of making telephone numbers from my various speculations. As it is, if I put fourpence in the box to speak to the NatWest broker Line I would have to borrow two of them.