House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEATH

Man Utd next manager

Don't usually do footy discussion stuff and I am a Liverpool fan but here's my prediction.

They don't look like qualifying for the Champions League around Christmas/New Year and sack Mourinho.

They shut the fans up by appointing Giggs as a caretaker for the last 10 games of the season, he does bugger all too.

Meanwhile Newcastle win the Championship with a few games to spare.

A pure business decision is made.... Benitez had Liverpool in the Champions League more often than not. I doubt he would refuse the Man Utd job. Also, he has lived in the North West for the last 12+ years, family fully settled there.

It might not turn out well though, just like my Chris Evans prediction for TG!

There should be some kind of BBC reality TV show where people compete for the job, bake cakes, etc. Maybe involve a round of seeing who can sh*g the most... what is that name they call women who are wives and girlfriends of footballers? Have a chewing gum round also and, well, all that nonsense.

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Do you think he would be able to drag his wife up to Manchester though?

Who can resist Christmas shopping at the Trafford Centre?

30 minutes ago, DEATH said:

It might not turn out well though, just like my Chris Evans prediction for TG!

Ah yes - the kiss of DEATH...!

;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

All my life I've despised utd more than I've actually loved my own team,Man City (I don't deny it, I'm a bitter bertie as the utd fans like to call us).... Seeing what has happened to utd since the Govan pisscan stepped down has surpassed my wildest expectations and it's pretty much the one thing that brings me joy in what is otherwise a pretty f****d up and miserable world right now!

I know bugger all about the 'politics' of football but before this season started I thought that Mourinho's appointment to Man Utd would put them on the up.

Seems like no other Manager (available or not) could match the success that Alex Ferguson brought to the club.

4 hours ago, DEATH said:

Meanwhile Newcastle win the Championship with a few games to spare.

I'd like to see Newcastle go back up to the Premiership, along with Norwich City (being biased!). Maybe even Brighton for the Premiership...despite their 5-0 victory against Norwich today. :rolleyes:

I think Mourinho is past it. Btw the Newcastle supporters I know couldn't be happier being out of the premier league. Finally winning matches and giving their life some purpose. 

8 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I think Mourinho is past it. Btw the Newcastle supporters I know couldn't be happier being out of the premier league. Finally winning matches and giving their life some purpose. 

Heard similar from some Villa fans.

They are absolutely delighted to be back to kick offs at Saturday 3pm and grounds with atmosphere again.

TV funds the premier league and it also ruins it for the fans who don't watch from their armchairs.

Man Utd are basically the new Liverpool. Their era peaked years ago. Moyes inherited a horrendous side (yes they won the league, but the same squad the season before sans Van Persie won begger all) but wasn't the right choice I agree but it's irrelevant. Expect many more millions thrown at new players and managers in a vain attempt to return to their glory days. 

Qualifying for the Champions League should be considered a good season for them now, maybe the odd cup.

19 hours ago, PopGun said:

Man Utd are basically the new Liverpool. Their era peaked years ago. Moyes inherited a horrendous side (yes they won the league, but the same squad the season before sans Van Persie won begger all) but wasn't the right choice I agree but it's irrelevant. Expect many more millions thrown at new players and managers in a vain attempt to return to their glory days. 

Qualifying for the Champions League should be considered a good season for them now, maybe the odd cup.

Yep, I said that it was a very strong possibility when Fergie left. Winning stuff in the way United and Liverpool did (i.e. dominance) often can't be put down to a specific source, Liverpool managed it with multiple managers, United with just one. Fergie was a massive presence but I suspect there was actually a lot more going on at the club that drove the success. 

Problem for them is that I think Mourinho doesn't have the temperament for the job, his main problem is that while he is undoubtably a good manager he really can't cope with it when things don't go so well. 

They were just unlucky on Saturday. They played very well and it could easily have been 5 nil+.

It was only the near super-human efforts of the opposition goalkeeper that made it 0-0.

On 29/10/2016 at 11:10 PM, shindigger said:

If Rafa went to Utd i think that would be it for me.

Rafael Nadal for Man Utd manager ...

It could work.