House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Helpful .. but not quite

If they felt really strongly about it they probably would do, but for most of us whilst we support causes with which agree we don't want to give our lives over to them and it's probably better that we don't. I like animal charities but express this by turning out for local homes' events when I notice them.

However you get regular stories of people who set up their own personal animal sanctuaries, take in too many animals, and then can't cope and the animals suffer, one story from this week:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-37781017

She was well intentioned I'm sure but however strongly you feel about something you are probably going to do more good by supporting an existing local charity / sanctuary than starting up yet another new one as seems to happen all the time.

They could get proper jobs that contribute to the growth and expansion of the economy for the benefit of the entire population and give their unwanted earnings to good causes for the underpriveliged. Why are people so irrational?