House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidg

Randy Arabs Ripped Off On Line

Lots of mud can be flung at the various people in this article, it is very sad what people will do to one another, life can be hard enough without people deliberately injecting evil into the world. What i found most interesting was the end of the article and how disconnected from reality the journalist was when talking about one of the blackmailers:

"Intelligent, articulate, and technologically adept, it is hard to avoid the conclusion that in a place with more opportunities a young man of Omar's talents could find a legitimate way to earn his $500 a day. "

$500 a day is a load of money anywhere in the world! $400K a year at a 40 week working year! The odds of Omar earning this even if he had been born in a place like London or New York would be incredibly small. Though Omar is probably lying massively about his income from this scam, and for every payment, there are probably months of getting nothing and I suspect Omar will have a criminal boss creaming a big chunk of any blackmail money off him.

The root problem here, which the BBC is failing to address (especially with it's big warning at the start of the article about how it contains sexual content), is there there's nothing shameful or wrong about masturbating.

But that's a more difficult problem to solve, isn't it. The 'ol religious sexual shame.

12 minutes ago, Save me from the madness! said:

Lots of mud can be flung at the various people in this article, it is very sad what people will do to one another, life can be hard enough without people deliberately injecting evil into the world. What i found most interesting was the end of the article and how disconnected from reality the journalist was when talking about one of the blackmailers:

$500 a day is a load of money anywhere in the world! $400K a year at a 40 week working year! The odds of Omar earning this even if he had been born in a place like London or New York would be incredibly small. Though Omar is probably lying massively about his income from this scam, and for every payment, there are probably months of getting nothing and I suspect Omar will have a criminal boss creaming a big chunk of any blackmail money off him.

compared to Gary Lineker who get's 40K every day he rolls into the BBC, it's chicken feed. Compared to your average computer bod in Europe it is very good money (across the EU average IT salaries are probably around $100/day)

This different article was on the BBC yesterday and surprised me even more, I really was struggling to see how the video of a clothed woman dancing could be classed as shameful in anyway, I guess my understanding of the pressures Egyptian women face was considerably lacking before I read this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37655117

32 minutes ago, Save me from the madness! said:

"Intelligent, articulate, and technologically adept, it is hard to avoid the conclusion that in a place with more opportunities a young man of Omar's talents could find a legitimate way to earn his $500 a day. "

"it is hard to avoid the conclusion".  Well I find it quite easy to avoid that conclusion.  Intelligent, articulate IT people in the UK can be stuck in £25k jobs.  Not that much over $500 a week rather than per day, and with the massive UK housing costs to meet as well.  If "Omar" was working legitimately here he'd be struggling to pay rent on his one bed flat.