House Price Crash Forum
fru-gal

Autumn Statement 2016...predictions?

1 hour ago, CunningPlan said:

I predict Roz will be writing lots more letters.

ANGRY SHOUTY LONG LETTERS

1 minute ago, XswampyX said:

Defund the BBC. Job sorted!

Yeah putting off license renewal. We dont watch enough bbc to justify it.

Maybe allow people to claim back netflux, which is fcking great!

I was listening to BBC radio 4 today and the whole thing is leftwing trash. Berating Brexit voters, slagging off Trump and full on championing of Muslims and their struggle (Caused actually by being Muslims and what it brings to their society.). All f**king day! They only broke it off during women's hour so they could slag off men.

The BBC are a f**king disgrace. It wouldn't survive in the real world as nobody would pay to listen to that ******.

Edited by XswampyX

27 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

I was listening to BBC radio 4 today and the whole thing is leftwing trash. Berating Brexit voters, slagging off Trump and full on championing of Muslims and their struggle (Caused actually by being Muslims and what it brings to their society.). All f**king day! They only broke it off during women's hour so they could slag off men.

The BBC are a f**king disgrace. It wouldn't survive in the real world as nobody would pay to listen to that ******.

Radio 4 is just sh!t now - truly unlistenable to apart from some news content 8am-9am. 

55 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

What's the story quitting the licence? Just tell them you watch online?

Yep, just go to the website and say you don't need a license because you only watch online services (not including iplayer). I think I get a letter only every two years asking me to reconfirm that I still don't need a license.

46 minutes ago, knock out johnny said:

Radio 4 is just sh!t now - truly unlistenable to apart from some news content 8am-9am. 

The news is.

Dire.

You can write most of it before it happens, which i guess is whats happening.

1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Yeah putting off license renewal. We dont watch enough bbc to justify it.

Maybe allow people to claim back netflux, which is fcking great!

Netflix is heading to the graveyard with the BBC. Kodi is where it is at.

59 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

I lasted 8 years without paying a penny to the BBC. Their fear-mongering finally broke my Wife, who dreaded the knock at the door. The license fee was duly paid and I am Foooking unhappy about it.

It has gone beyond parody since Brexit. It seemed to go into overdrive with last Year's GE and could go into meltdown if the upcoming POTUS election goes against message.

We might witness the greatest hat-trick in 50 years.  

Ultimately, the BBC might just be a gigantic practical joke on the sane.

I think that we'll see changes (withdrawal) to the 3% extra stamp duty on second homes. I hope not, but I feel there will be some small concessions for landlords... Can't see any more anti-BTL measures though, personally.

52 minutes ago, Untoward said:

I lasted 8 years without paying a penny to the BBC. Their fear-mongering finally broke my Wife, who dreaded the knock at the door. The license fee was duly paid and I am Foooking unhappy about it.

It has gone beyond parody since Brexit. It seemed to go into overdrive with last Year's GE and could go into meltdown if the upcoming POTUS election goes against message.

We might witness the greatest hat-trick in 50 years.  

Ultimately, the BBC might just be a gigantic practical joke on the sane.

Kind of irritating that.  The other half insisting on the Bake Off and then you're landed with paying another tax for the State run MSM fog horn of no interest.  Seriously RT has more content that I'd actually consider paying for then anything from the BBC today.  I guess that's why I'm on this forum along with not be able to afford a reasonable house in my area.

Oh and the bank of England thread, Autumn Statement thing - shares up today, BREXIT fears maybe exaggerated.

Off topic, what we need a spider looking for plus and minus articles along with a rating to update a doomsday clock site where the more chatter creates an ever closer tick/tock to HPC.  Someone please give me a link...

9 minutes ago, darkmarket said:

If you use any of the iPlayer services, including catch-up, you're liable for the licence fee.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/08/06/bbc_detector_van_wi_fi_iplayer/

Wasn't the Wi-Fi detector van debunked as technically unfeasable nonsense?

Edited by knock out johnny

28 minutes ago, knock out johnny said:

Wasn't the Wi-Fi detector van debunked as technically unfeasable nonsense?

That article does a good job of it - it's not quite impossible through packet-sniffing but requires an abuse of anti-terrorism legislation that probably wouldn't scale well. On the other hand, now that ISPs will be required to log your browsing history, I don't think the vans will be necessary.

The Register says they wouldn't go there, but given the BBC is responsible for over 10% of UK court cases, I beg to differ.