House Price Crash Forum

Heathrow moaning landlord

HOLA441
HOLA442
13 minutes ago, CunningPlan said:

On LBC now saying that her BTL portfolio is going to be compulsary purchased and the Government are only giving her 25% over value and paying all the stamp duty etc.

Has owned her main home for thirty years and doesn't know how she can possibly survive.

Scum.

25% over value . That's bargain to be honest.

HOLA443

The stupid bint doesn't realise she has dodged a bullet. All she can think of is how she can replace her portfolio. She was banging on about how bad it was for the locals to be displaced - she won't get the irony that it was her that displaced them in the first place. I don't think anyone has made me so angry for many a year. 

Let's just hope the price crashes before then so at best she gets a  25% uplift on a 50% drop.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
2 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I am not sure that's right. Properties are already being bought up for HS2 at fabulous mark ups, those already completed include Boris Johnson's father's place.

I'd imagine a fast train into London would appeal to buyers who want to commute to London daily ..Living near an airport with the noise and pollution from it would be far less attractive 

HOLA449
3 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I am not sure that's right. Properties are already being bought up for HS2 at fabulous mark ups, those already completed include Boris Johnson's father's place.

I would tend to agree. Surely they will need to start buying as soon as the consultation period is over and before a turf is dug? - So 12 months.

HOLA4410
10 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37667371

Slight misread on my part, but:

"Owners of about 750 properties in Longford and parts of Sipson and Harmondsworth are covered by the compulsory purchase area scheme which offers 25% above market value plus legal fees and stamp duty and moving costs for anyone whose home will be compulsorily purchased.

About 3,750 homeowners in Poyle, Colnbrook, Brands Hill, Harmondsworth, Sipson, Harlington and Cranford Cross (in the lighter blue area) will be offered the choice of either staying in their homes next to the new runway - or selling up at 25% above market value once the runway has been built."

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
3 hours ago, CunningPlan said:

The stupid bint doesn't realise she has dodged a bullet. All she can think of is how she can replace her portfolio. She was banging on about how bad it was for the locals to be displaced - she won't get the irony that it was her that displaced them in the first place. I don't think anyone has made me so angry for many a year. 

Let's just hope the price crashes before then so at best she gets a  25% uplift on a 50% drop.

I don't think she HAS dodged it, though? If completion is NINE years away, she can't survive S24, Basel3 etc and everything else for 9 years, surely... :D

HOLA4415
59 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

I don't think she HAS dodged it, though? If completion is NINE years away, she can't survive S24, Basel3 etc and everything else for 9 years, surely... :D

I guess compulsory purchase will be in effect in about 13 months.  Before they start digging.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Even better is if the compulsory purchase happens down the line but the tenants up and leave earlier.  No one is going to rent a place which is known to be in line for bulldozing soon, since they'd just be moving again.  A nice void coming up potentially!

HOLA4419
40 minutes ago, Gurgle said:

Even better is if the compulsory purchase happens down the line but the tenants up and leave earlier.  No one is going to rent a place which is known to be in line for bulldozing soon, since they'd just be moving again.  A nice void coming up potentially!

mr-schadenfreude.png

HOLA4420
52 minutes ago, Gurgle said:

I'd like to see them try and make a delapidation claim stick at the end of the tenancy.

BBC also had a guy on moaning. Had three houses in the same street. Might have been for his extended family but I doubt it.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
1 hour ago, hotairmail said:

Ahhh. The Courts and the law are like fashion. They change with the nature of the Clapham omnibus. All that needs to happen is for people to realise they don't have to accept their skies being covered over in milky vapour and their ears assaulted with noise to the detriment of one's health and what constitutes 'ordinary' attitudes change.

The courts change far more glacially than people wish - but the law stands

But I give up

You win

You're on a roll tonight - go you!

I think you are trolling me tonight hotair - which is a shame because I respect your opinion, arguments and intellect

I'm happy and agree with your  citing of the Clapham omnibus slide because I'm an ordinary and reasonable person ;) (see what I did there?) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_man_on_the_Clapham_omnibus)

Edited by knock out johnny

HOLA4423
3 hours ago, CunningPlan said:

Thinking about it, for a lot of these properties it is not a compulsory purchase but a compulsory realisation of your capital gains.  There could be trouble ahead....

Good point. Triggering sale of entire portfolio? Perhaps the reason for the moaning.

But at 25% over value, surely that'd cover CGT on any MEWed gains? 

HOLA4424

Not sure this will be manna from heaven for multiple landlords;  The Times is reporting that the compensation offer will not apply to social LL and will only apply to one property of private LLs with multiple properties in the affected area.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/tearful-villagers-wait-for-bulldozers-to-tear-down-their-homes-qwj0hwmp3

HOLA4425
2 hours ago, Simon Taylor said:

Not sure this will be manna from heaven for multiple landlords;  The Times is reporting that the compensation offer will not apply to social LL and will only apply to one property of private LLs with multiple properties in the affected area.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/tearful-villagers-wait-for-bulldozers-to-tear-down-their-homes-qwj0hwmp3

Sounds like more billable hours for judicial review lawyers and barristers - trebles all round

latest?cb=20130302172346

Edited by knock out johnny