House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Sexually assaulted in VR: Female gamer feels 'violated' after being virtually groped by another player

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3870910/Sexually-assaulted-VR-Female-gamer-feels-violated-virtually-groped-player.html

• Jordan Belamire, who uses a pseudonym, wrote a blog about the event
  • She was playing a virtual reality game when another player assaulted her
  • QuiVr game involves players shooting the walking dead in a virtual world
  • Another player grabbed her chest, chased her and rubbed her crotch

Virtual reality allows players to experience different situations as though they were happening in real life, even if nothing is physically changing.

But this can have devastating effects, as one woman based in the US has learnt recently.

Jordan Belamire, who goes by a pseudonym to protect her privacy, was playing a virtual reality game in Redwood City, California, when another player sexually assaulted her.

'Suddenly, BigBro442’s disembodied helmet faced me dead-on,' she said.

'His floating hand approached my body, and he started to virtually rub my chest.'

Ms Belamire felt uncomfortable and asked him to stop, but this just encouraged him, she recalls.

She tried to run away but says the other player was more experienced than her so was able to chase her.

Virtual sexual assault soon to become a crime?

From the same Wail page

It reads like something out of the Daily Mash - it's beyond parody

WOMAN TELLS POLICE SHE WAS RAPED BY A POKEMON

In August this year, police said a young woman lodged a formal complaint that she has been raped - by a Pokemon.  

She told officers that she had been sexually assaulted by a giant Pokemon in her apartment in the Russian capital city of Moscow.

The married woman, whose name has not been released, had reportedly been playing Pokemon GO before she fell asleep.

She claimed that she woke up to find a huge Pokemon lying on top of her body and says it was raping her.

The woman says the Pokemon disappeared when she jumped out of bed - but says the Pokemon GO app on her phone could still detect the same virtual character's presence on her bed.

She woke up her husband to tell her what had happened who told police officers that he did not believe her and told her to see a psychiatrist.

Russian news website Bloknot reports that the police did not believe her either and that the woman then went to see a psychic who was unable to help her.

In August this year, police said a young woman lodged a formal complaint that she has been raped - by a Pokemon. Stock image of the game Pokemon Go is shown

+3

In August this year, police said a young woman lodged a formal complaint that she has been raped - by a Pokemon. Stock image of the game Pokemon Go is shown

Sounds terrible for her, hopefully the guy (assuming it was a man) at the other end of the connection will be suitably prosecuted.

Of course, the police can then pop round to her house and arrest her for murdering zombies.

What next - gamers saying they have been violated by being 'tea-bagged' in a FPS game?

(tea-bagging is where the killer crouches up and down over the head/face of their dead victim - a sort of victory humiliation). Clearly a matter for the police!

24 minutes ago, knock out johnny said:

From the same Wail page

It reads like something out of the Daily Mash - it's beyond parody

WOMAN TELLS POLICE SHE WAS RAPED BY A POKEMON

In August this year, police said a young woman lodged a formal complaint that she has been raped - by a Pokemon.  

She told officers that she had been sexually assaulted by a giant Pokemon in her apartment in the Russian capital city of Moscow.

The married woman, whose name has not been released, had reportedly been playing Pokemon GO before she fell asleep.

She claimed that she woke up to find a huge Pokemon lying on top of her body and says it was raping her.

The woman says the Pokemon disappeared when she jumped out of bed - but says the Pokemon GO app on her phone could still detect the same virtual character's presence on her bed.

She woke up her husband to tell her what had happened who told police officers that he did not believe her and told her to see a psychiatrist.

Russian news website Bloknot reports that the police did not believe her either and that the woman then went to see a psychic who was unable to help her.

+3

It isn't clear from the article that the offending Pokemon was actually Charmander -- it sounds as though they've just picked on Charmander as an example Pokemon without any justification.  Typical.

Anyway, the story is clearly made up -- I can't imagine any psychic saying they can't help -- if it was genuine they'd have been desperately trying to help the girl.

Digging deeper, as I like doing that:

This is the virtual reality game talked about in the original post - this chap made a video on it with a camera showing us what he looks like moving around

Hmm. Mr grumpy old cynical mode on here.

That virtual reality game - the top video on youtube with the most views has less than 1m views, and the second video has less than 3000 views. It might be a PR stunt to get people into the game. But that's the grump old cynical mode on :ph34r:

Pewdiepie hasn't played it yet either.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I wonder what she would think of Quake and the Crack Wh@res? Or Duke Nuke'Em and all the babes he strokes or smokes.

I loved gaming in the 90's - you'd not get a game like Duke Nukem being made now - the SJW's would shut it down before it got released. Feels like we've gone backwards in terms of censorship in a way.

I was about to make a quip about "Pokemon rapists", but now I see this is a serious problem.:blink:

Someone jumps on the bandwagon mighty quick don't they. 

The Vive recently arrived in my house and having had a go at stroking the robotic dog (not a euphemism) I suggested to my son that it wouldn't be too long before we heard of people suing for physical injury after they smack a wall whilst playing fruit ninja, despite mapping out the room and being able to see the grid. 

I wasn't expecting someone to feel violated but then nothing should come as a surprise these days. 

I have been considering whether to buy a new xbox or ps4 and, over the past week, I discovered that youtube has a live gaming channel. There are lots of young women who play games, have interactive chat whilst the game is on and people, um, sponsor the game for a few dollars.

I have watched a few of these ladies and some of them are pulling in a few hundred dollars every day for about 3 or 4 hours work.

There is a similar site called Twitch.

I won't post any live links as most of the do not start until 9PM UK time. But here is a recorded youtube video of one of the female gamers.

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?t=56&v=mUkWQigS-pY

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

I loved gaming in the 90's - you'd not get a game like Duke Nukem being made now - the SJW's would shut it down before it got released. Feels like we've gone backwards in terms of censorship in a way.

Duke Nukem Forever wasn't that long ago (although after years of waiting it turned out to be something most players want to forget).

6 hours ago, Errol said:

What next - gamers saying they have been violated by being 'tea-bagged' in a FPS game?

(tea-bagging is where the killer crouches up and down over the head/face of their dead victim - a sort of victory humiliation). Clearly a matter for the police!

I got Teabagged whist sniping from a bush in Modern Warfare 3 

i was close to going 30 - 0 

19 minutes ago, workingpoor said:

I got Teabagged whist sniping from a bush in Modern Warfare 3 

i was close to going 30 - 0 

I had the same experience in Call of Duty: United Offensive many, many years ago and I have never recovered. I was lying in a bush happily sniping and then... Well, best not to go there.