House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare Bear

Mrs Ecclestone

who is married to gold bullion trading art dealer James Stunt.

Report in the mail about a couple of yobbos chucking a petrol bomb at their Chelsea place.

All through the article Petra Ecclestone is referred to as Mrs Ecclestone. Surely if the salutation Mrs is to refer to a married woman the form would be Mrs married/family name rather Mrs pre marriage name?

16 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

It depends, nowadays I think you can keep your pre-marriage surname if you want. My aunt does, although I don't really know why.

Yes, keeping your pre marriage has been common for years, but would you refer to a married woman as Mrs pre marriage surname?

26 minutes ago, Rare Bear said:

Yes, keeping your pre marriage has been common for years, but would you refer to a married woman as Mrs pre marriage surname?

No - you'd simply nee her (don't know how to get the accent on the first e!)

Alas, the standard of English in the Mail is sh!t

Just now, knock out johnny said:

No - you'd simply nee her (don't know how to get the accent on the first e!)

Alas, the standard of English in the Mail is sh!t

Yes forgot about the née.

Actually, I was really shocked to see how bad the English was in the Mail.

I think she calls herself Mrs Stunt.  It is only the press who call her Ecclestone.

[Their rationale being that collectively we're all to thick to work out who she is if we use her married name -- or even worse, we might start thinking 'so why do I care about something minor happening to someone irrelevant's daughter?'.]

23 minutes ago, dgul said:

I think she calls herself Mrs Stunt.  It is only the press who call her Ecclestone.

[Their rationale being that collectively we're all to thick to work out who she is if we use her married name -- or even worse, we might start thinking 'so why do I care about something minor happening to someone irrelevant's daughter?'.]

Hopefully she'll skip the celebrity fad of stupid kid's names and not call a daughter Cupid. 

Puts me in mind of a story going roung about a hedge fund manager a few years ago.

Some large Russians turned up on his doorstep and, after a bit of persuasion,  got him to refund their several million losses.

Im sure this is in no way similar at all. Selling gold bullion from the back of car boot is such a reputable business

4 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

It depends, nowadays I think you can keep your pre-marriage surname if you want. My aunt does, although I don't really know why.

Perhaps because that was the name she was born with......how inconvenient it must be to change the name you are used to and have lived with, what is the point in doing that......;)