HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

He was a key part of that late 70s early 80s Liverpool scene that gave rise to some cracking music:

Dead or Alive, Echo & the Bunnymen, Wah (Pete Wylie was his guitarist at one point), OMD, Teardrop Explodes, and the daddy of all precursor bands: Big in Japan whose members went on to form Frankie Goes to Hollywood, The Lightning Seeds, and the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu.

I think he's only the second of the key players to die, the Bunnymen's drummer Pete DeFreitas (motorbike accident, 1989).

There was a great Rock Family Trees on it:

HOLA4411
3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

He was a key part of that late 70s early 80s Liverpool scene that gave rise to some cracking music:

Dead or Alive, Echo & the Bunnymen, Wah (Pete Wylie was his guitarist at one point), OMD, Teardrop Explodes, and the daddy of all precursor bands: Big in Japan whose members went on to form Frankie Goes to Hollywood, The Lightning Seeds, and the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu.

Well I never knew that - I wondered how he'd made his money. The only one I knew of was Dead or Alive. Decent, memorable pop tune.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
14 hours ago, dgul said:

Pete Burns is was proof that the cosmetic surgery industry is deeply unethical.  He should have been told to see a psychiatrist after the first couple of procedures.

I think you should go before the first and if you don't pass then you never get anything. 

And I'm beginning to think tattoos and piercings need regulating more too.

HOLA4414
18 minutes ago, SarahBell said:

I think you should go before the first and if you don't pass then you never get anything. 

And I'm beginning to think tattoos and piercings need regulating more too.

Me too.

Dad at playpark. Tatoos all over his hands. Daft tnuc.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
58 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Me too.

Dad at playpark. Tatoos all over his hands. Daft tnuc.

I was served coffee recently by a young woman with a tattoo of, among other things, frankenstein's monster.

A big frankenstein's monster head staring back at her from her arm.

Forever.

HOLA4417

I only found out recently that Pete was a member of The Mystery Girls (best song Ash in Drag, can't embed from YouTube app) who I liked but wouldn't claim as a great band; though he left before the incarnation I knew that got on The Old Grey Whistle Test. Small world.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Archived