House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Velvet Underground and Nico - 50!!

Haven't heard this album on it's own but from the tracks I know of it has to be Venus in Furs. I just love John Cale's violin (viola?) on this.

'I am tired. I am weary. I could sleep for a thousand years'.

Given it's subject matter I think 'The Masked Tulip' might like it as well. ;)

by pure chance have their first CD in the car at the moment, Nico hmmm a little bit Germanic I have to say. Vot couleur shall zee poor girl vere to all tomorrowz partiz

They did a famous concert at the Bataclan in Paris back in the day - the Bataclan should reopen any day now. Great Protopunk group, very innovative.

Edie Sedgewick, just the kind of girl Jo Davola would meet on PoF

Amazing album, amazing band.  one of my faveouri. My cousin had the original on vinyl,  remember recording it on tape as an excited 13 year old discovering zeppelin , hendrix .  think waiting for my man and Venus in furs are my favourite tracks

44 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Probably utter sacrilege, but I prefer their third album, The Velvet Underground.

No,   that's fair enough, the nico album is more famous for its cover art lol. There's only a handful of songs that stand out. VU is awesome