House Price Crash Forum
North London Rent Girl

How long will people be willing to live in this illusion?

In other words, the system is so broken with debt saturation that it can never , ever be repaid, that the only economic activity left is the 1% looting everything that's not nailed down before the whole shebang collapses. We are in the rape and pillage stage of the collapse of empire. Unfortunately , you are I are the ones being raped and pillaged.

Edited by evetsm

We have no real democracy. There is no avenue to complain.

I mean, look at the government telling us they're bringing in children from Calais that are clearly adults that most of the population don't want here. They can lie, and rub it in our faces, and there's nothing we can do about it.

This country needs a revolution before anything meaningful will change.

Edited by honkydonkey

Corrected this for you  

'I mean, look at the government telling us they're bringing in Cheap Labour from Calais that are clearly adults that most of the population don't want here'.

5 minutes ago, honkydonkey said:

We have no real democracy. There is no avenue to complain.

I mean, look at the government telling us they're bringing in children from Calais that are clearly adults that most of the population don't want here. They can lie, and rub it in our faces, and there's nothing we can do about it.

This country needs a revolution before anything meaningful will change.

Not only that, but they use the BBC and other media to give the illusion that the public are generally OK with it. 

A debt jubilee is the answer ? Right off all existing money and then and then issue money to cover people`s expenses for a period of about 3 years (as was done in Germany after WW2)

All I`d have to do is live on savings for about 9 years !

2 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

It made me laugh when they resorted to putting up sheeting to hide the 'child' migrants after criticisms. They'll have some PC argument like 'privacy'. But we all know it is because they don't like scrutiny and know they've been rumbled.

Whether you are for or against, such actions by our authorities can only lead to distrust and suspicion.

They're just trying to hide Croydon from the rest of the world.

2 minutes ago, council dweller said:

A debt jubilee is the answer ? Right off all existing money and then and then issue money to cover people`s expenses for a period of about 3 years (as was done in Germany after WW2)

The people that prudently saved and lived within their means will be royally screwed by a debt jubilee. On top of what they have already been screwed by 0% rates on their savings.

Debt jubilee makes me sick.

I say let the whole mess default, bring back debtors prisons and put the hopelessly over-debted scroungers rot in jail along with the bankers who loaned the money that was not repayable.

30 minutes ago, evetsm said:

The people that prudently saved and lived within their means will be royally screwed by a debt jubilee. On top of what they have already been screwed by 0% rates on their savings.

Debt jubilee makes me sick

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

35 minutes ago, council dweller said:

And concentrate the people responsible for it in camps ?

28 minutes ago, evetsm said:

Debt jubilee makes me sick.

I say let the whole mess default, bring back debtors prisons and put the hopelessly over-debted scroungers rot in jail along with the bankers who loaned the money that was not repayable.

I agree wholeheartedly, but on the other hand, I wonder how much of my savings are a result of the excess money poured into the system, so should I take a haircut?

But if I take a haircut, I certainly expect those without savings to be in debtors prisons or growing my vegetables.

38 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

It made me laugh when they resorted to putting up sheeting to hide the 'child' migrants after criticisms. They'll have some PC argument like 'privacy'. But we all know it is because they don't like scrutiny and know they've been rumbled.

Whether you are for or against, such actions by our authorities can only lead to distrust and suspicion.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2023302/scaffolding-and-white-sheets-put-up-at-home-office-centre-blocking-view-of-calais-child-migrants-arriving-in-uk-after-age-row/

nintchdbpict000276423394.jpg?w=728&strip

Why are my taxes being used for such nonsense ?

1 hour ago, evetsm said:

In other words, the system is so broken with debt saturation that it can never , ever be repaid, that the only economic activity left is the 1% looting everything that's not nailed down before the whole shebang collapses. We are in the rape and pillage stage of the collapse of empire. Unfortunately , you are I are the ones being raped and pillaged.

It's always ended in war. Always.

It will be a massive statistical anomaly if we escape a World War-type scale event this time.

4 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Because there is nothing you can do about it. It's taken from you, but it's no longer your money.

Who is accountable for it? You couldn't even find out the name of the person if you tried I expect.

Edited by honkydonkey

40 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2023302/scaffolding-and-white-sheets-put-up-at-home-office-centre-blocking-view-of-calais-child-migrants-arriving-in-uk-after-age-row/

nintchdbpict000276423394.jpg?w=728&strip

Devil is in the detail (and amongst whatever they willing process into our country)...

in that text the Home Office spokesman says that the screens are to afford privacy to child migrants AND young persons. That's a broad brush as at the tender age of 39 I'd still consider myself relatively young and IMHO it removes all doubt that TPTB don't give a damn.

56 minutes ago, papag said:

Corrected this for you  

'I mean, look at the government telling us they're bringing in Cheap Labour from Calais that are clearly adults that most of the population don't want here'.

I don't care if they are adults or children - I still don't want them.

15 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Representative democracy.

7 minutes ago, Errol said:

I don't care if they are adults or children - I still don't want them.

Its OK, you've taken back control.

All you need to do once the UK is out of the EU is leave the UN as well and then there will be no more refugees.

Well, coming in the front door anyway:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/20/alain-juppe-france-managing-migrants-uk-calais-kent-border

13 minutes ago, Errol said:

It's always ended in war. Always.

It will be a massive statistical anomaly if we escape a World War-type scale event this time.

Do you have a timescale for this event beginning ?

I used to think it was all just a conspiracy theory that the elite were trying to destroy western culture,the middle class,and steal all the assets.Now im pretty much convinced its 100% certain.Everything the government does is bat sh+t crazy.Massive deficit yet send billions abroad in aid.Massive welfare bill yet import huge amounts of unskilled people.0% interest rates to keep zombie companies going so other companies slowly get destroyed by lack of profit.Everyone who creates wealth,from a company to a street cleaner is being destroyed by others who get government printed money handouts.

People can borrow what it take other people a lifetime to save,default,then do it all again six years later.The only answer for ordinary people is to opt out of the system the best you can.

Edited by durhamborn

5 minutes ago, Errol said:

No, we haven't got control - yet.

Full border control is required. Refugees should be housed in specific camps and not allowed freedom of movement for the duration of any stay. They should all be returned to wherever they come from at the earliest opportunity.

I would only let a few stay. Those who have very high I.Q, for instance, or those trained in specific and very useful skills. 

All should be fully health checked (including genetic testing), fingerprinted etc etc.

Under UN agreements, you don't get to choose who stays and who doesn't. They do all get checks when arriving at the UK and most are already fingerprinted:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/257385/fingerprinting.pdf

If we stopped f**king up the middle east with bombs it would probably be a good way to stop refugees (adult and child) arriving at our borders.

Once the camps are in Kent it will help to focus minds ;-)

4 minutes ago, durhamborn said:

I used to think it was all just a conspiracy theory that the elite were trying to destroy western culture,the middle class,and steal all the assets.Now im pretty much convinced its 100% certain.Everything the government does is bat sh+t crazy.Massive deficit yet send billions abroad in aid.Massive welfare bill yet import huge amounts of unskilled people.0% interest rates to keep zombie companies going so other companies slowly get destroyed by lack of profit.Everyone who creates wealth,from a company to a street cleaner is being destroyed by others who get government printed money handouts.

People can borrow what it take other people a lifetime to save,default,then do it all again six years later.The only answer for ordinary people is to opt out of the system the best you can.

Huge overthink. Capitalism is a system based on greed. Greed works for the people who run the system, but doesn't pan out so well for the rest.

It's the system everyone in the UK was born into for the last thousand plus years and it's the system they will die under.

There was a brief anomaly when after WWII millions of soldiers arrived home (many still in possesion of service weapons) and the system had to pay them a "debt of gratitude". This led to the NHS, state pensions, universal education, union power, council housing, plentiful new homes, etc. 

Those veterans of all dead or close to dying - there is no perception that society owes you or I any such debt of gratitude. All the goodies have either been dismantled or are in the process of being dismantled and sold off.

As I pointed out on another thread, around 77% of households were renting just before WWI. Why do you think it should be different a century later... what has fundamentally changed?

Time to bend over and grit your teeth - the government is going in dry.