House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone betting on the US election?

WH 16% return on bets to Clinton

or 400% return on bets on Trump

I usually bet on the side I don't want to happen, like betting on Remain for the EU Referendum.

Only small samples but the last 6 opinion polls have it for Trump.....

https://ig.ft.com/us-elections/polls

Prior to the last 6 it was almost a sea of exclusive Democrat Blue....

Are more people are now declaring  for Trump having made their minds up or something else at work....

Polls down the page.

Me reckons Trumpo might be worth a sneaky £20...........

The unknown is this election all those before who haven't bothered to vote because they think it is a waste of time. Maybe Trump with his 'off the wall' views his attacks on Clinton and the clear way the media have gone after him will motivate a few of these people.

I'm a bit wary of believing 'The weight of money' after being blindsided by the Betfair odds on Brexit.

Have been following the Clinton/Trump odds. Seem to have stabilised around 1.2/1.21 for Clinton and 6.0/6.2 for Trump.

How good do the outsider odds on a 2 horse race need to be before it's well worth a punt?

I lost a few quid on Brexit. I had previously been very successful with political betting. Just shows how easy it is being a bookie. You just sit and wait for the upsets. It was a trivial amount but still. 

I got £250 on Clinton at 8/13 in mid September, on a spike up in Trump support, so pleased with how things are panning out. But who knows?.....

1 hour ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

I've got the double running at Ladbrokes: Brexit + Trump. 

Any chance of you rolling-up your potential double winnings on the "holy-trinity" treble - and backing Corbyn as the next PM Nicey...?

;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

27 minutes ago, Renewed Investor said:

I put £1000 on Trump a couple of weeks ago. I have 3/1 odds. I think unless massive voter fraud does take place in swing states then we will see a Brexit style result over there with Trump beating Hillary.

Quite an investment. Beers are on you if you win......

I too think these is just something about this election we just cannot put our finger on.......

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

Any chance of you rolling-up your potential double winnings on the "holy-trinity" treble - and backing Corbyn as the next PM Nicey...?

;)

XYY

I like the odds, but my heart wouldn't really be in it, XYY.

37 minutes ago, Renewed Investor said:

I put £1000 on Trump a couple of weeks ago. I have 3/1 odds. I think unless massive voter fraud does take place in swing states then we will see a Brexit style result over there with Trump beating Hillary.

Fair play to you! Wish I had the balls to do that.

15 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Fair play to you! Wish I had the balls to do that.

Wish I had the £1000 to do that - never mind the balls Joe..!

;)

XYY

1 hour ago, Renewed Investor said:

Good luck - I put £90 on ages ago at the beginning of the "trump" thread - I should receive £640.

5 minutes ago, frozen_out said:

come on, let's see some betting receipts. Otherwise it's all hollow. I put 10k on whoever is the winner.

Good point frosty.

Let's see yer betting-slips lads - or we ain't buying it..!

;)

XYY

I put a bet on Jeb Bush years ago and it has haunted my betfair unsettled history since.

I was thinking that he married a mexican woman so he had it sorted.

Prior to that I was hoping Ron Paul would win me £100k and save the world, in that order.

I have a weird feeling neither Hillary and Donald will be President for some reason, Cascadia, Yellowstone, WW3, etc. but I am crap at this.

I've put £15 at 6 and a bit to 1 for trump to win. This was before a trip to the west coast this week just gone. From the limited number of people I discussed it with, they seem to think it's a done deal that Hillary will win, not because of voter fraud or anything suspicious, they just don't think trump has the support.

£35 on Trump at 5/1, sadly I missed 6/1 the day before. Have previously only ever placed bets on Cons for 2010 and Leave to win the referendum. I'm hoping for a hat trick for various reasons :) May put a bit more on if the odds widen again.

As we are comparing scars. I made a nice little return on Jeremy Corbyn taking the Labour leadership, very early on, and got good odds. Only because beards became fashionable.

56e050231500002a000b1772.jpeg

Now if Trump had a beard, I might muster up £1K...