House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saving For a Space Ship

2 Dangerous Fault Lines Under SF Connected-2.4 m people live there

When I worked out in Silicon Valley lots of colleagues of mine lived in houses that had huge cracks in them and were slanted over to one side. They had been damaged by the, IIRC, 1989 earthquake, but people were living in them as they got charged cheaper rent. I assume that someone had declared them safe but, knowing the US, you never know do you.

I also used to travel on the wonderful BART that went underground in places - and was often amazed why so few people seemed to use it. Then I would remember that I lived in a huge earthquake zone and that I was underground near a huge area of water.

It's the Chinese finally connecting that rail network that they have been building beneath American cities for the past 50 years. I saw a film about it. There was lots of grovvy music and people wearing designer overals, hard hats and carrying machine-guns.

Battle_Beneath_the_Earth_OS.jpg