House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Odd goings on in London - Terrorism

City Airport evacuated today apparently with a tear gas cannister being the cause of numerous people suffering breathing problems.

Also in East London, yesterday, a suspect device was 'dealt with' on the Underground. Today a '19 year old bearded white man' was tasered and arrested under the Terrorism Act by armed Police.

Mixed Media reports of a tear cannister found at City Airport whilst other Media reports are putting the City Airport incident down as 'mass hysteria'. Seems somewhat of a coincidence don't you think?

39 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Today a '19 year old bearded white man' was tasered and arrested under the Terrorism Act by armed Police.

Maybe the officer had just seen one hipster too many that day.

Given a tazer I won't pretend I wouldn't be tempted.

19 year old perp tasered in holloway north London, Police say they are looking into potential "Mental Health Issues" and "Islamist terrorism connections"

London City Airport CS gas behind the evacuation said to be a passenger discarding a canister of it.

Now let me quickly analyse world events this week....hmmmm.......oh yes mass ground assault on Islamic State stronghold of Mosul.

6 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Cos you would randomly carry a canister of cs gas to an airport and then randomly discard it when you arrived. 

And I have major anxiety worrying about whether I am carrying a forgotten bit of fruit into some countries. Banana - bad. Teargas cannister - OK.

"It was getting quite bad and we saw other people starting to cough at the same time. The people behind the desk were coughing the most and quite aggressively.

"Within two minutes, they shouted for everyone to get out."

Mr Morris said BA staff behind the check-in desk jumped over to escape, calling the situation "quite scary".

He said that whatever was causing people to cough did not smell or have any colour to it.

''Everyone was shouting and rushing towards the door,'' he added.

Must have been quite scary for those in the vicinity, i remember the Sarin nerve gas attack on the Tokyo Underground back in the 90's i think it was the AUM Shinriken Cult behind it, the Leader was put to death recently in Japan.

5 minutes ago, workingpoor said:

Must have been quite scary for those in the vicinity, i remember the Sarin nerve gas attack on the Tokyo Underground back in the 90's i think it was the AUM Shinriken Cult behind it, the Leader was put to death recently in Japan.

We would have given him an Xbox.

4 minutes ago, workingpoor said:

From the link ^

A 'viable device' found on a London Underground train was part of a plot to attack the transport network, it is believed. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/21/police-uncover-london-underground-bomb-plot-teenager-arrested-an/

Terror threat level set to severe...

11 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

So we have a major terror attack in the UK and, is it just me, or is the media downplaying it enormously?

major?

19 minutes ago, SarahBell said:

major?

I think one of the capital's airports closed and a 'device' found on the Underground constitutes a major attack. Let's not get into the mindset - which I think the media wants us to be - where we only consider an attack major if the streets are littered with bodies.

46 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I think one of the capital's airports closed and a 'device' found on the Underground constitutes a major attack. Let's not get into the mindset - which I think the media wants us to be - where we only consider an attack major if the streets are littered with bodies.

It's the new 'normal'.

Still we can suppress the rights of the individual and create a massive surveillance state. If you don't agree then "terrorism" and if you argue against terrorism "it's normal, get over it!"

Win, win!

5 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Personally, I think that's exactly the right mindset. Let's not give these idiots the oxygen of publicity. Finally, we are learning. Those of us that want to can read between the lines. Dismissing them as mentally ill is probably a great tactic. No wannabe terrorist wants to be a minor footnote and labelled as a bit thick/radio rental.  That's not the celebrity death they dreamed of, it's a bit crap and likely not worth the sacrifice. 

News like this is simply disempowering which I why I limit exposure to it.  Will incidents like this mean individuals stop travelling on the Tube? No, they have no choice. They'll simply worry more and live a slightly more shit life. I don't see how that helps personally. 

9 hours ago, workingpoor said:

19 year old perp tasered in holloway north London, Police say they are looking into potential "Mental Health Issues" and "Islamist terrorism connections"

London City Airport CS gas behind the evacuation said to be a passenger discarding a canister of it.

Now let me quickly analyse world events this week....hmmmm.......oh yes mass ground assault on Islamic State stronghold of Mosul.

Bbc now saying Police are "Examining the mental health records of.."

Interesting choice of phrase. In previous instances they have very quickly (sometimes within hours) stated they believed the attacker had mental health issues.

The wording here very clearly insinuates that he has mental health issues - because how can he have mental health records without having been seen re. them ? 

However it doesn't actually say he has them. Will be very interesting to see what comes out of this.

5 hours ago, StainlessSteelCat said:

Personally, I think that's exactly the right mindset. Let's not give these idiots the oxygen of publicity. Finally, we are learning. Those of us that want to can read between the lines. Dismissing them as mentally ill is probably a great tactic. No wannabe terrorist wants to be a minor footnote and labelled as a bit thick/radio rental.  That's not the celebrity death they dreamed of, it's a bit crap and likely not worth the sacrifice. 

News like this is simply disempowering which I why I limit exposure to it.  Will incidents like this mean individuals stop travelling on the Tube? No, they have no choice. They'll simply worry more and live a slightly more shit life. I don't see how that helps personally. 

Yeah, a family friend was murdered a few months back by one of these "mentally ill" individuals.  Down playing the risk didn't work so well for her.

The media/establishment want to sweep everything under the carpet because there is an obvious solution that could easily be implemented which some people have been repeatedly calling for.  Most of these "mentally-ill" individuals come from a particular region and follow a particular religion. Stop letting them into the country.

Further, Muslim terrorists don't give a flip about what the BBC says about them. Do you think they've someone kept watching the BBC as everyone else has tuned them out?  

3 hours ago, rollover said:

Tear gas causing aggressive cough, very odd. Does not add up.

No it doesn't add up. If tear gas caused and aggressive cough, it would be called 'aggressive cough gas'. My personal experience of tear gas is that it causes - wait for it - tears, irritation of the eyes and nasal passage. Unpleasant, but no cough. 

12 hours ago, workingpoor said:

The BBC described this potential teenage terrorist as a man. Meanwhile those much older in the Calais  jungle are described as children.

Tube bomb plot: 'Lone wolf terrorist left crude bomb on underground train heading for Westminster and the Shard as police quiz 19-year-old man Tasered in the street by armed officers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3859544/Man-19-arrested-Terrorism-Act-suspicious-item-London-tube-station.html

It's official. 

And the Ministry Of Defence warned its staff in a memo that the culprit could have planted more devices, according to The Telegraph.

It said: 'This increase is in response to the discovery of a suspected viable improvised explosive device (IED) on a London Underground train.

The foiled London Tube Lone Wolf Terror attack has led anti -Terror officers to North Devon where another suspicious item / IED is being defused / dealt with at an address in Newton Abbott.

200m exclusion zone.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/police-create-200m-cordon-after-suspicious-device-found-close-to-town-centre/story-29831694-detail/story.html

There is also an armed seige underway in Northolt London with Hazardous material present streets evacuated (could be unconnected?)