House Price Crash Forum

2020 prediction - we will vote for Tony Blair

200p

HOLA441

I hear on the grape vine that Tony Blair might be returning to politics.

He'll be the good cop, in the bad cop good cop "show".

We'll be made to feel some pain in the next couple of years - we'll be begging for Tony!

---

Bookies have Tony next Labour leader at 66/1

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
15 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

Who the hell would want him? I know he's a Bilderberg darling but I literally know no one who likes him.

Maybe I just answered my own question.

Loathsome individual.......I feel the same about him now as I did twenty years ago but the masses voted for him then.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Just now, hotairmail said:

Just like to say, I NEVER VOTED FOR BLAIR.

Sadly as a lifelong labour voter (I know, I know) I have done. I do remember the early days when we all thought it would be different. Remember the theme song they used?  It will only get better... fool me once... never again

HOLA4412
2 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Sadly as a lifelong labour voter (I know, I know) I have done. I do remember the early days when we all thought it would be different. Remember the theme song they used?  It will only get better... fool me once... never again

That was the Cheshire cat professor, was it not? God I hated that bloody song.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
5 minutes ago, One-percent said:

D:ream I think?

That's the one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox_(physicist)

In the 1980s Cox was keyboard player with the rock band Dare.[28] He studied physics at the University of Manchester, where he joined D:Ream,[29] a group that had several hits in the UK charts, including the number one, "Things Can Only Get Better",[30] later used as a New Labour election anthem, although he did not actually play on the track.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
3 hours ago, 200p said:

I hear on the grape vine that Tony Blair might be returning to politics.

He'll be the good cop, in the bad cop good cop "show".

We'll be made to feel some pain in the next couple of years - we'll be begging for Tony!

---

Bookies have Tony next Labour leader at 66/1

...I would never vote for a leftie ..their all about self....and as for Blair ...the thread is just a wind up.....give the human race some credibility ....he is at the same level as Corbyn...just different branches....:rolleyes:

HOLA4418

Can easily see it. For the general public, the Blair era probably seems like a golden age (and I suppose if you discount the illegal wars, dreadful economics, close relationship with GWB etc etc then it probably was!).

So the OPs probably not that wide of the mark then...

HOLA4419
10 hours ago, One-percent said:

D:ream I think?

https://g.co/kgs/PbpTfn

i hated it to, especially as the rallying call for nulabour 

ppb from the time

well if he is trying a comeback, then the obvious perfect choice for election broadcast sountrack must surely be:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjf4pCA9u3PAhVL5xoKHUSCBiwQtwIIHjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DahzNnXex5fY&usg=AFQjCNERUkO8GltvgINQL1z5Nx79huDwUQ

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
11 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Loathsome individual.......I feel the same about him now as I did twenty years ago but the masses voted for him then.

I didnt. Blame XYY and bloody voters in Co Durham

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I recon 'momentum' types have well and truly hijacked the Labour party now.  There is no way Blair will win another election, I would be surprised if he could even safety turn up at the Labour party conference.

I recon the next leader will be John McDonald