House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Why is there no pro-tenant Letting Company?

I was browsing Rightmove, thinking about EAs and Letting Agents ... and I honestly believe there is room in the market for a Letting Agent that sells itself as pro tenant, i.e. "If you rent a HD Homes property, we guarantee a protected deposit, minimal fees, full inventory, timely repairs. Our landlords all use us to manage the property, and we ensure they fulfill their obligations to you".

This would be a great brand, plus the boomers who still want to rent a property would surely pay a bit over the odds to ensure decent tenants? It would put off the cowboys, but that in itself would ensure quality landlords and properties.

4 hours ago, hiace_drifter said:

This would be a great brand, plus the boomers who still want to rent a property would surely pay a bit over the odds to ensure decent tenants? It would put off the cowboys, but that in itself would ensure quality landlords and properties.

I think you answered your own question there.

Aside from the low fees, most letting agencies I've dealt with in the past to be fair to them have fulfilled the other aspects. They've also done thorough background checks on me. I'm not sure how lower fees would encourage a better class of tenant, and as a result, what landlord would want to use them, as I imagine the costs would have to be directed to the landlord instead?

Nice idea, but I don't think it would work.

Because ALL Landlords are opportunistic bloodsucking leaches on society - they ain't there for altruistic purposes they are there to make money, and plenty of it - off the backs of those that do work - don't kid yourself otherwise. THEY are one of the collective reasons why house prices are so high.