House Price Crash Forum

You can always tell when houses aren't selling.

HOLA441
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Agreed. They need to be hit from the other side now with a serious overhaul of tenants' rights, and I think the political climate is right for it. Whether or not the Tories can bring themselves to do it, I don't know - but if you are going to tolerate a PRS that houses the majority of our under 40's, then it needs to happen.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Market in the South East is dead. Lots of reductions, feels like all of the buyers have disappeared. For Sale signs sticking and calls from desperate estate agents. Long way to fall but it seems to have begun now the BTL brigade have had their wings clipped. Good times! What a total waste of productive time this housing bubble has been for ordinary people simply wanting to house their family and enjoy life! 

HOLA4411
1 hour ago, GreenDevil said:

The only right move updates I seem to be getting these days are Reduced. Just the last few fools desperate for a family home buying now.

I found a rental a few months back but kept updates on my phone from rightmove.

Never have i seen that many rental reductions; It's really rolling.

Reduced by around 50-200 a month. We're talking NE London, from Finsbury to Wood Green to Walthamstow.

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, j666 said:

Market in the South East is dead. Lots of reductions, feels like all of the buyers have disappeared. For Sale signs sticking and calls from desperate estate agents. Long way to fall but it seems to have begun now the BTL brigade have had their wings clipped. Good times! What a total waste of productive time this housing bubble has been for ordinary people simply wanting to house their family and enjoy life! 

hzoh5.jpg

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
8 hours ago, Oliver Sutton said:

Always end with "I hope prices fall, I really do, but just can't see it". Or something similar.

I get a lot of "the CON is a total c**t to us trolls" despite not having mentioned trolls for months on end...mostly because there hasnt been any for 12 months+ as they've revelled in the success....

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4415
9 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

In all seriousness, the number of For Sale signs that aren't changing must be noticeable to the everyman. A neighbour has had theirs up since March, never even gone Under Offer.

March?? Pffft! T

There are 2 houses close to me, one has been on 2.5 years and one 5 years, I

Edited by nome

HOLA4416
28 minutes ago, nome said:

March?? Pffft! T

There are 2 houses close to me, one has been on 2.5 years and one 5 years, I

In the North, Its not unusual to find houses that have been up forsale for well over 5 years.

Property Bee was (ive not used it for while) useful for this.

WTF must people be thinking?

Looking at the transaction numbers, you can see they fell off a cliff in 2005 and have never really recovered.

Meanwhile, probates pile up.

Ive a mate whos a plumber/builder. He gets called when people want to tidy up a place for sale. He reckons that in the area he covers a good 60% of houses have been readied/put up for sale and never managed to sell.

HOLA4417
42 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

:lol:

Watch it mate, people will start up 2 new accounts and use both of them to tell everyone your bot being very nice to new people.

Come on. It's but one small step to GENOCIDE.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
17 hours ago, spyguy said:

Now thats BTL dead, half of EAs will be on the dole by Xmas.

What would really ki k them in the nuts - and be the right thing to do - would be a law to ban agents chsrging renters fees. All cost must be born by LL/EA.

Fck the stnuc.

There is a very real case for Executive Agents bit like sports stars agents so negotiations are arms length and after what could be potentially a damaging and drawn out wrangle people can carry on working together. However these arrangements are illegal under the employment agency acts so why the hell are renters charged fees is nonsense 

HOLA4424
15 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

In all seriousness, the number of For Sale signs that aren't changing must be noticeable to the everyman. A neighbour has had theirs up since March, never even gone Under Offer.

Back in 1990 I encountered a guy who was deliriously happy about the property price crash then in full swing. Turned out he ran a small firm that made the plastic For Sale signs for EAs. Since they were now spending months longer standing forlornly in front gardens and weren't rotating anything like as quickly, the EAs were all having to massively increase their stocks. His business was booming - every cloud and all that...

HOLA4425

There's been a welcome slow down in my area but sellers are still reluctant to drop prices and are still as much as 3% overvalued. With low interest rates people have no need to sell and nowhere else to put their money.

Hopefully the fall in the pound will help re-balance the economy but it just makes UK housing even more attractive for foreign investors and I can't see the government allowing prices to fall anyway.

I hope prices fall, I really do, but just can't see it happening.