House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

MrPin's diversity training

I've been on a diversity course. It was compulsory. I am now aware of difference, and am aware of different sexualities, even though I knew who was gay anyway, and believed other peoples' sex lives are none of my business This afternoon I resisted the urge to throw a banana at a black colleague, even though I had never thought of that before. I am reformed, and I can't tell jokes about the Welsh any more. The whole thing was done by actors portraying unusually bigoted stereotypes that I have never seen in over 30 years in engineering.:o

24 minutes ago, MrPin said:

The whole thing was done by actors portraying unusually bigoted stereotypes that I have never seen in over 30 years in engineering.:o

Please tell me there was a loud Geordie blurk with a huge beer-belly and lots of tattoos calling everyone a poof, and explaining exactly where women belong - which of course is on the end of his nob..!

;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

2 minutes ago, 200p said:

MrPin you work in the public sector?

No, it's a big engineering company. Still they seem obliged to perform this training. I think it's actually aimed at younger men, but I think that could be ageist and sexist to say that.:o. We've all let off the odd one liner we shouldn't have said. It was about harassment, and I've seen that happen.

9 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Please tell me there was a loud Geordie blurk with a huge beer-belly and lots of tattoos calling everyone a poof, and explaining exactly where women belong - which of course is on the end of his nob..!

;)

XYY

I divvent believe you are anything like you portray yourself to be! I take it in good humour.;)

I don't believe you have a desk though!

A big engineering firm has to do this in order to obtain Government work.  Hence, Diversity becomes policy.

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

I divvent believe you are anything like you portray yourself to be! I take it in good humour.;)

I don't believe you have a desk though!

You're right. I used to be fat, but lost 5 stone a few years ago, have no tattoos, and was born In Hartlepool - so I'm not even a Geordie...! 

Actually, I have 3 desks if the truth be known Pinny.  

Two matching ones from Argos in my man-cave at Chez XYY - and the one I get to use at work to produce pointless spreadsheets and misleading graphs...! 

From now on, you and Frank can refer to me as "Jimmy Three-Desks"..!

;)

XYY

I hope at the very least that you came away from the training with some new insults and stereotypes that you hadn't thought of before.

Are you still allowed to ask fatties if they have any inside knowledge of who it was who ate all the pies?

7 minutes ago, Bloo Loo said:

A big engineering firm has to do this in order to obtain Government work.  Hence, Diversity becomes policy.

That would be it then.:o The whole point of was about bullying in the workplace. I've seen it and I've been on the wrong end of it sometimes.:mellow:

21 minutes ago, MrPin said:

That would be it then.:o The whole point of was about bullying in the workplace. I've seen it and I've been on the wrong end of it sometimes.:mellow:

So, extrapolating their argument out, you would need to belong to a 'special' group in order to be bullied?  Does wearing glasses or being a southern pansy count?

5 minutes ago, One-percent said:

So, extrapolating their argument out, you would need to belong to a 'special' group in order to be bullied?  Does wearing glasses or being a southern pansy count?

Can't see those groups getting bullied at work me like.

I mean who'd give gimps like that a job in the first place...?

;)

XYY

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Can't see those groups getting bullied at work me like.

I mean who'd give gimps like that a job in the first place...?

;)

XYY

Quotas xyy, quotas. 

Great british menu is on.

Xyys cousin from down the road, michael o hare, is a judge.

Im at a loss on what particular trait i could be done for dicriminating against him for.

Ill settle for another fat ugly smoggy whos spent too much money at pysche.

15 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Quotas xyy, quotas. 

You've bamboozled Mrs XYY there mate - she's struggling to figure-out what an Australian airline has to do with all of this...

XYY

What this forum needs is a diversity and equality committee. I propose the following officers to the allotted posts

working class: mr pin

southern nancies: xyy

algerinos: spy

I used to like those days when I was in a corporate.  I'd just sit there agreeing with all the nonsense, all the while thinking 'they're paying me to sit here!  All I've got to do is not occasionally.'

14 minutes ago, One-percent said:

What this forum needs is a diversity and equality committee. I propose the following officers to the allotted posts

working class: mr pin

southern nancies: xyy

algerinos: spy

I thought pinny was upwardly mobile?

Just now, spyguy said:

I thought pinny was upwardly mobile?

He is.  That's why he needs to represent the working class, just like someone from tord spot represents algerinos. No point in standing up for your own. Need to get on the side of diversity