House Price Crash Forum

31 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Bankster slut, City sock puppet, Keynesian dupe.

Tory.

Yes, only people who believe in Santa think that the Tories don't favour the vested interests.

conservative
/kənˈsəːvətɪv/

1. averse to change or innovation and holding traditional values.
  2. (in a political context) favouring free enterprise, private ownership, and socially conservative ideas.

I doubt BTL collapsing is his main concern with raising opposition to immediate "hard" Brexit.

He is probably more concerned about the massive economic, legal and financial shock that will cause massive problems for all of us.

12 minutes ago, Timak said:

I doubt BTL collapsing is his main concern with raising opposition to immediate "hard" Brexit.

He is probably more concerned about the massive economic, legal and financial shock that will cause massive problems for all of us.

My ar*s.

1 hour ago, Si1 said:

Btlr, property developer, blocking brexit in cabinet.

Wonder, If Andrea BTLeadsom is inline to be the next Chancellor. A reason for the 118ers to celebrate.

40 minutes ago, hi5lo5 said:

Wonder, If Andrea BTLeadsom is inline to be the next Chancellor. A reason for the 118ers to celebrate.

She would be OK though, she is a tax dodging BTL landlord who voted to Leave. 

Which means she cries herself to sleep every night thinking about the exploited British working class and how she can give more money to people in Barnsley.

1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

If things carry on the way they are I shall be voting for Corbyn at the next election, for no reason other than the apple cart needs upsetting.

That's why we all voted BrExit...first thing that happened was total and unconditional banker/rich man support.

Do you think Corbyn and his 300+ BTL owning MPs will fix things ?

1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

If things carry on the way they are I shall be voting for Corbyn at the next election, for no reason other than the apple cart needs upsetting.

Same here

26 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

That's why we all voted BrExit...first thing that happened was total and unconditional banker/rich man support.

Do you think Corbyn and his 300+ BTL owning MPs will fix things ?

Well, we got rid of Cameron and Osborne. I still smile when I think of those jokers out of a job.

As for Corbyn, who knows, there may be other alternatives when the time comes. I'd vote for a baboon in striped trousers rather than maintain the status quo.

3 hours ago, Timak said:

As opposed to the massive problems already evident.

I'm just wondering how this post-Brexit property utopia matches the devalued pound which makes it even easier for foreign currency holders to buy up property here....

3 minutes ago, Amiinsane said:

I'm just wondering how this post-Brexit property utopia matches the devalued pound which makes it even easier for foreign currency holders to buy up property here....

What , all the same foreign property investors who've just lost 20%+  of their investment  in 2 months with no end in sight, with a government bringing in legistlation to prevent money laundering, the queens counsin looking for war with Russian and the PM about to sack the Guovernor of the Boe ?

Everyone keept saying, London....safe haven.

Well, London...Basket case is the new meme.

Yep, read the foreign papers. Few are encouraging buying, either because many have lost asset value already, or they think the pound has more to fall.

Either way, right now they are staying away from London property despite what the cheerleaders in the MSM might be fed.

17 minutes ago, Amiinsane said:

Just curious? Or trying to make a sly and generally uninformed vi point?

1 hour ago, hotairmail said:

With things being a little fraught at the moment in the currency markets, Hammond will know he wields enormous power to wave his wanger around. The last thing May should want is to trigger further political uncertainty either with Hammond or Carney. She will need to arrange organised exits in this as in any other matter.  

Rather assumes that Theresa May herself is going survive long in her job.