House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

honkydonkey

Hypernormalisation

Anyone else having problems viewing this? It grinds to a halt at around the 27 minute mark. I don't normally have problems with iPlayer.

Well thats 2 hours 45 minutes of my life I won't get back :)

But seriously, actually loads of it was actually very interesting, however it didn't really seem to have an over arching point (even though it loops back at the very end). Most of the content seemed completely disjointed to me. 

Possibly they only really eye opening point for me was at 2:11:00 (I'll save you two hours), which was the idea that the back lash to Trump took place via social media/internet, but we have perverted the internet to such an extent via algorithms that it's all falling on deaf ears. Effectively the internet is one massive echo chamber because people get served up stuff they algorithms think they are interested in.

The stuff about Gadaffi was interesting though. 

3 hours ago, gilf said:

we have perverted the internet to such an extent via algorithms that it's all falling on deaf ears

I suspect FB and Tweeter are just a big SJW echo chamber because they are the folk who have time to spend there; either because they are on the social or they have some job where they can do that.

On 17/10/2016 at 3:38 PM, acer said:

Anyone else having problems viewing this? It grinds to a halt at around the 27 minute mark. I don't normally have problems with iPlayer.

Yep, I don't have a TV license

11 hours ago, gilf said:

Well thats 2 hours 45 minutes of my life I won't get back :)

But seriously, actually loads of it was actually very interesting, however it didn't really seem to have an over arching point (even though it loops back at the very end). Most of the content seemed completely disjointed to me. 

Possibly they only really eye opening point for me was at 2:11:00 (I'll save you two hours), which was the idea that the back lash to Trump took place via social media/internet, but we have perverted the internet to such an extent via algorithms that it's all falling on deaf ears. Effectively the internet is one massive echo chamber because people get served up stuff they algorithms think they are interested in.

The stuff about Gadaffi was interesting though. 

Utter mess even by Curtis's low standards.

The irony being the film itself is the epitome of hypernormalisation as at the end of communism.

Basically, there's no conspiracies it's all just opportunistic politicians, computers and some random Donald Trump meets Rainman sh1t, nothing to see, move along.