House Price Crash Forum

Wonderfully offensive songs.

HOLA441

I love a bit of musical anarchy, so what are the most unsuitable and most offensive songs you can suggest:

For wonderful use of the English language and reference to Southern Seaside towns:

For those of a religious persuasion:

Jesus Entering from the rear by Feederz:  

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

From a religious perspective, this one:

,, and a perfect excuse to drop in my current favourite.

It's in Italian.

It's called "shit music". "Ascolti musica di merda" = "listen to shit music".

"You're stupid because you listen to shit music" and so on. "I am the rock star of 2016".

I realise the lyrics aren't going to mean that much if you don't speak Italian.

HOLA444

For the Rugby boys:   

Though ultimately it spawned lots of alternative lyrics

http://www.diamondgeezers.org.uk/sounds/lyrics/iusedtoworkin.html

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

The punk band Wayne County and the Electric Chairs had a song called "****** Off" in the 70s. Possibly the rudest song is by Thee Headcoatees (former backing singers for Billy Childish's band Thee Headcoats) and called "Come Into My Mouth." Vocals by the scrumptious Holly Golightly.:wub: My links never seem to work here,but they're on Youtube.

HOLA448
19 minutes ago, CunningPlan said:

Anything by Kevin Bloody Wilson.  Took potential mother in Law to one of his live shows years ago. Started off looking like a big mistake but she was in tears of laughter at the end.

I'm giving up wan#ing tomorrow is a ripper tune.

I used to find this hilarious as a child, though it doesn't "work" on me any more.

HOLA449

Much of Steel Panther's oeuvre would qualify for this thread, but this one's a particular favourite of mine:

I'm off to see them tomorrow at Wembley Arena. If anyone knows where I can pick up some reasonably priced cowboy boots in London at very short notice, please let me know, my outfit doesn't quite work without them, though I guess a pair of baseball shoes would be authentic enough.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
1 minute ago, DTMark said:

I used to find this hilarious as a child, though it doesn't "work" on me any more.

Sort of agree. It was a very long time ago. Just looked him up and amazed to see he is both still alive and still on tour.  I'll never sh#t solid again is still a classic though.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
22 minutes ago, Rave said:

Other way round ;)

That does make me laugh, it's great.

Thing is, it's not offensive to anyone, is it? It's just funny.

Unless the a and c words in the chorus offend. But then they don't really do that these days, do they. It takes more than just some swear words.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
35 minutes ago, DTMark said:

Funny thing - maybe as cultures have changed, but I immediately assume it's all supposed to be near-the-knuckle comedy/irony as opposed to serious.

Who knows with Zappa.

Some of it was political, some just taking the piss out of mainsteam America of the 1970s and some just filler for albums he was contracted to complete.

In order to write a truly offensive song you had to have someone to offend

By the 1990s that had become quite difficult in the UK

It is really only in recent years with the rise of a more politically correct culture that the opportunity to break taboos has become available again

Sadly there are n't many performers about now with the balls to do that

Who would now dare write about a child film star in the way Graham Greene did in the  1930s

https://thecharnelhouse.org/2014/02/25/graham-greenes-infamous-review-of-wee-willie-winkie-1937-starring-shirley-temple/

Just taking the piss out of squares, Church goers and the sexually inhibited is really a risk free cheap shot in my book taking on soft targets who probably wont bite back.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
18 minutes ago, frozen_out said:

On my phone and YouTube links are a bit of a faff, but two that spring to mind if you want to look them up are the macc lads (anything by the macc lads) and 'Northern Birds' by amateur transplant, which is a bit of a favourite of mine.

OK, that one really is outright offensive.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived