House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Eagle

Game over for Clinton's backers WW3 plans

Russia has developed and successfully tested radio-electronic weapons systems unmatched anywhere in the world, RIA Novosti reports, citing the manufacturer.

The new technology falls under the somewhat loose term "weapons based on new physical principles."

“This is a completely new type of weapon, which has no analogues in our country, and I daresay, in the world."

The announcement came during the ‘Arms High-tech’ military exhibition currently taking place in Armenia. The state-of-the-art system is capable of disabling various types of targets without using the traditional rounds or shells. Instead, the weapon uses ‘directed energy.’

"It conducts indirect physical impact on the on-board equipment of aircraft or drones and neutralizes precision-guided weapons," RIA quotes the OPK representative as saying.

https://www.rt.com/news/362672-radio-electronic-weapon-russia/

Looks like it's game over for Clinton and her lunatic backers in the military industrial complex and on Wall Street who are keen to start WW3. If Russia can take out satellites drones and guided missiles electronically, the US won't be able to operate any kind of attack.

If this is true then its very good news for everybody else apart from the Neocons and their ilk.

With all the "hype" and coverage of Aleppo on Sky news in the last 48hrs, Boris Johnson encouraging Brits to protest at the Russian Embassy in London  & calls for a "no fly zone" over Aleppo it does seem like there is a push for western intervention in the Syria conflict. 

19 minutes ago, MarkG said:

Meanwhile: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/raf-given-green-light-shoot-133352631.html

Anyone want to ask the British government why they're trying to start a war with Russia?

Cause the British government unfortunately always follows the lead from Washington...

What's worse is that this UK and US attacks on Syria are totally illegal so 'we' can even claim moral high ground.

3 hours ago, MarkG said:

Anyone want to ask the British government why they're trying to start a war with Russia?

I love the way that the opening paragraph couches it as an inevitable step on the road to war. I noted on another thread that Yahoo seems to be as bad as the BBC in pushing the Hillary good / Trump bad agenda:

As relations between the West and Russia steadily deteriorate, Royal Air Force (RAF) pilots have been given the go-ahead to shoot down Russian military jets when flying missions over Syria and Iraq, if they are endangered by them. The development comes with warnings that the UK and Russia are now "one step closer" to being at war.

2 hours ago, SarahBell said:

The new technology falls under the somewhat loose term "weapons based on new physical principles.

Sadly, IF planes start being shot down, then we may all get less than 30 minutes! :o

Back to the OP, I can quite readily believe this. Russia has known for a long time that it cannot outgun the US in any traditional sense, and so I would be surprised if they hadn't been investing in non-traditional weaponry.

Wasn't there an incident not that long ago when UK or US planes (ships?) lost all onboard systems for a short while after being buzzed by a couple of Russian jets...

Can't recall where I read about it, perhaps I dreamt it?! :unsure:

EDIT: Nope, think it was this incident:

https://www.voltairenet.org/article185860.html

:D

16 hours ago, MarkG said:

Hats off to May for heading this off if indeed she has.

This is no time to be playing games or indeed risking direct conflict. In all likelihood at some stage sense would prevail and if direct conflict were to happen in Syria it would be isolated, but it could scupper relations for decades. Nuclear powers on standby for conflict is asking for trouble.

13 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I love the way that the opening paragraph couches it as an inevitable step on the road to war. I noted on another thread that Yahoo seems to be as bad as the BBC in pushing the Hillary good / Trump bad agenda:

As relations between the West and Russia steadily deteriorate, Royal Air Force (RAF) pilots have been given the go-ahead to shoot down Russian military jets when flying missions over Syria and Iraq, if they are endangered by them. The development comes with warnings that the UK and Russia are now "one step closer" to being at war.

I don't think we are militarily in a state to fight anyone so I suspect is just the usual British 'me too' diplomatic rhetoric to give the illusion that the Yanks have 'international support'. In Iraq and Afghanistan I think the U.S. forces basically found us a bit of an embarrassment who they were constantly having to bail out. 

21 hours ago, hotairmail said:

All I can hear is the electronic drums of war.

Good for May if she's resisting Boris and his ilk.

Hope so.

What has eight engines and flies ?

Only time we have heard so many flights heading in from Western airspace in late afternoon and evening was running up to the first and second Iraq wars. Have no idea about flight trackers but its a lot of stuff flying in for something.

12 hours ago, SarahBell said:

The new technology falls under the somewhat loose term "weapons based on new physical principles.

I just have to say how much I love the optimism inherent in the 1960s Star Trek series.  I was born well after this, but loved watching it as a kid.

You could just feel the optimism that things would get better with the march of progress.

Right now, it feels more like 1933. 

Personally I blame Gordon Brown and Nigel Farage for this.

4 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

You could just feel the optimism that things would get better with the march of progress.

Yes. When I was a kid, we were going to live on the Moon and travel everywhere in luxurious hypersonic airliners.

Instead, we got a bloated welfare state, and Islamic nutters running over us with trucks.

You can thank the Boomers for that.