House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canbuywontbuy

My Trump Conspiracy

I think you already know it by reading the title of this thread: Trump will win the election and be the fall guy for an almighty crash. Brexit might be the "fall guy" for the UK, but Trump will be the US's fall guy.

He's already being portrayed as the bad guy.  He's (allegedly) a serial molester, he offends everyone when he speaks, and he didn't even get the election date right on a recent speech.  He's become such a caricature that you can't help but think "conspiracy".  All that's left is for him to don a red nose and clown shoes. 

"But what if Clinton wins?"

(hey, didn't you hear I used the word conspiracy?!)

26 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

If he does win, he'll be a lame duck POTUS, locked down by the Sir Humphrey equivalents pending his inevitable impeachment for a transgression that will inevitably happen.

Better that than Clinton.

You have two scenarios on the day after the election IMPO.

1. Clinton wins. You get a massive feel good rally in conventional stocks through to her inaugration at the very least and probably for a few months afterwards. Would be wary of biotech though as Clinton has targeted that sector.

2. Trump wins. The US markets crash and Trump gets the blame. IMPO this will be a heck of a buying opportunity for stocks like US Steel, Freeport, etc, as Trump is supposedly going to start building US infrastructure so steel and copper stocks should benefit enormously. Both of the stocks I mentioned could double in less than a year - DYOR - and perhaps one of them could triple or even quadruple in 2 or 3 years.