Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trampa501

The coming Chinese invasion

Recommended Posts

This is a prediction of mine, based on the following:

i )  Already deals are being made between the UK and China.

ii ) Despite all the claims of a 10% downturn in post-Brexit Britain, airport expansion is being planned for both Heathrow and Gatwick

iii ) Boris is already talking about a "major" trade deal about to be announced.

By invasion I mean a great flood of goods from China, huge increases in tourist numbers, and no doubt large increases in migration of "highly-skilled" workers from China.

I'm not sure at the moment whether this will be a good or bad thing for the UK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Cantonese ex is probably packing her bags as I type.

She's not keen on mainlanders - a bunch of spitting, crude hill billies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tourist one is sewn on, daily flight limits were increased earlier this week from 40 to 100 IIRC.

This won't happen immediately as they still need to get the landing slots.

Not a bad thing if we get the nice Chinese tourists rather than the louts. Which is also how we're viewed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You only have to look at Australia and Africa for a prediction of life to come here. Farms, land and mineral rights bought up by the Chinese. We're f@cked. It's only a matter of time till we're all Chinese. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

 

Not really.*

One of the many things unmentioned about Afghanistan is that, despite British, Aussie, Canadian and American forces playing the major part in the war in Afghanistan and the so-called stabilisation of the country, that most of the contracts for mining the mineral resources of the country have in fact gone to Chinese firms. The Chinese thus have a great deal to protect in Afghanistan.

Whether this is because of some sinister world elite conspiracy or because the Western politicians were too slow and too stupid, probably distracted by the Iraq disaster, who knows.

The Chinese are also making an increased presence in the Middle East - they have been selling a lot of drone weapons to the Saudis et al and have sent their warships to have visit some of those countries. No doubt mutually beneficial to all parties as the Arabs want us to keep buying their oil/gas and want us to sell them weapons.

 

*Edit: Actually, it is interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

Not really.*

One of the many things unmentioned about Afghanistan is that, despite British, Aussie, Canadian and American forces playing the major part in the war in Afghanistan and the so-called stabilisation of the country, that most of the contracts for mining the mineral resources of the country have in fact gone to Chinese firms. The Chinese thus have a great deal to protect in Afghanistan.

Whether this is because of some sinister world elite conspiracy or because the Western politicians were too slow and too stupid, probably distracted by the Iraq disaster, who knows.

The Chinese are also making an increased presence in the Middle East - they have been selling a lot of drone weapons to the Saudis et al and have sent their warships to have visit some of those countries. No doubt mutually beneficial to all parties as the Arabs want us to keep buying their oil/gas and want us to sell them weapons.

 

*Edit: Actually, it is interesting.

Not to mention all the mines they are buying up in Africa....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2016 at 0:21 PM, Trampa501 said:

This is a prediction of mine, based on the following:

i )  Already deals are being made between the UK and China.

ii ) Despite all the claims of a 10% downturn in post-Brexit Britain, airport expansion is being planned for both Heathrow and Gatwick

iii ) Boris is already talking about a "major" trade deal about to be announced.

By invasion I mean a great flood of goods from China, huge increases in tourist numbers, and no doubt large increases in migration of "highly-skilled" workers from China.

I'm not sure at the moment whether this will be a good or bad thing for the UK

Flood of goods!  Just about everything is made in China!  They can't send much more here!

Anyway, the way it works is, China makes everything, and we give them all our money.  Then, they try to spend this money -- they can't just keep piles of Pound notes in a safe (bank accounts!  They're not real -- and anyway, that 'bank account' money is in turn used for some purchase or another, so it is a circular argument).

Up until now, they've been spending this money buying future calls on our money -- or what we call loans (including lots of government bonds).  They've also been buying up our liquid assets, buy buying shares in UK companies and buying assets that used to belong to UK registered companies/people (ie, buying the future flow of money that comes from those equities/assets).

But they're going to want to spend it on more than that -- actually, they're going to have to spend it on more than that, as via QE we've discouraged their spending it on gilts, and equities have been bid up to the point where they're a bit risky.  So, they spend it on buying houses, farms, services (via tourism) -- anything and everything.  Oh, and if they own everything, then they might just want to have their people hanging around making sure that everything is okay, so might want to send a few people over to run the companies.  Oh, and if they own the UK government, well, they might want to encourage them to make use of Chinese goods and services.

Most of this will be mainly bad for the UK population.  The only light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel is that the UK is (still) sovereign, so is capable of changing the rules to cause pain to external influences, from changes to tax (for offshore held property, say) to mandating a 'buy British first' for government procurement.  But there would be a whole world of pain if (when) they do that, so for now it'll just carry on with more of the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hotairmail said:

I would expect the Chinese in Syria at some point. Particularly if America/the West continue to press their position.

All it will take is Putin to ask Assad to invite the Chinese to send some troops/aircraft - and bingo, you'll have an airfield with 30 Chinese bombers on it, special forces and associated equipment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Errol said:

I would expect the Chinese in Syria at some point. Particularly if America/the West continue to press their position.

All it will take is Putin to ask Assad to invite the Chinese to send some troops/aircraft - and bingo, you'll have an airfield with 30 Chinese bombers on it, special forces and associated equipment. 

Russia won;t want China spreading into their SOI.  Siberia would already be subject to Chinese invasions in a pre-nuclear world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're already here & HMRC is letting them keep most of the VAT :rolleyes: 

 

Not a single prosecution been made re: online VAT fraud in last 5 yrs.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/229166-not-a-single-prosecution-been-made-re-online-vat-fraud-in-last-5-yrs/&do=findComment&comment=1103196899

Amazon & eBay sellers' VAT fraud rife despite crackdown

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/227991- amazon-ebay-sellers-vat-fraud-rife-despite-crackdown/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2016 at 10:11 PM, Bossybabe said:

You only have to look at Australia and Africa for a prediction of life to come here. Farms, land and mineral rights bought up by the Chinese. We're f@cked. It's only a matter of time till we're all Chinese. 

 

Trouble I don't think there's much worth buying over here. Apart from Burberry and Clarkes shoes that is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

Not really.*

One of the many things unmentioned about Afghanistan is that, despite British, Aussie, Canadian and American forces playing the major part in the war in Afghanistan and the so-called stabilisation of the country, that most of the contracts for mining the mineral resources of the country have in fact gone to Chinese firms. The Chinese thus have a great deal to protect in Afghanistan.

Whether this is because of some sinister world elite conspiracy or because the Western politicians were too slow and too stupid, probably distracted by the Iraq disaster, who knows.

The Chinese are also making an increased presence in the Middle East - they have been selling a lot of drone weapons to the Saudis et al and have sent their warships to have visit some of those countries. No doubt mutually beneficial to all parties as the Arabs want us to keep buying their oil/gas and want us to sell them weapons.

There's a large Chinese presence in Nepal too. When I was slogging up a Chinese made road blasted into the mountains in the Annapurna region last year, we joked to our porters that once the road reached Tibet then Chinese tanks would be rolling down it! They didn't laugh; probably on account of the numerous insurrections in north Nepal to 'Moaist' agitators that had in the recent past set up toll roads and collected 'taxes'.There were old communist slogans and hammer and sickle symbols sprayed on buildings too. And Nepalse govt garrisons with M16's in places like Jomsom.

The Chinese do seems to be building many of the new roads, hydro electric capacity, power cables+pylons, and mobile phone networks there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   28 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.