House Price Crash Forum

Hipsters

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
48 minutes ago, Ash4781 said:

how do I avoid urinal splashback? A bad day at work for me lasst week both - splashback and residual trapped in the hipster released upon loo exit.

I once worked with a guy who carried an ultraviolet light with him so that he could highlight splashback on blokes' trousers.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
15 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

I can help you with that problem - but it'll cost you a Tenna...

XYY

:lol:

I only wear these myself. Seemed a natural progression from tighty ******* when I was younger. I never had issues with leftover pee etc. Maybe it's a technique thing.

HOLA447
HOLA448
9 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

Why would you need to undo your belt and top button? I used to have button trousers many moons ago and never needed to do this.

You don't need to, I didn't either, but it's easier and less fiddly to do so.  Maybe it's people being self-conscious, as TMT said upthread I always take longer to do them up than with a zip so am stood there fiddling with my fly for longer than somebody with a zip.

People do get self conscious about it, to recall the old phrase "Any more than two shakes and you're playing with yourself".

HOLA449
46 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

Why would you need to undo your belt and top button? I used to have button trousers many moons ago and never needed to do this.

Because it's so much easier to do them back up.

Jeans aren't so bad, though. I have a really nice suit that for some unknown reason has button flies that are unbelievably fiddly (i didn't buy it, I inherited it from a friend who got too fat for it).

HOLA4410

Interesting to note how much of this discussion still revolves around not doing anything at the urinal that might cause other men to suspect you are a homosexual.

Another 20 years and we'll all have got over it, I reckon.

HOLA4411

It's a private act done in a semi-public space Rave; the rules of convention are there so that you feel at ease.

I don't see that there's anything to get over; in order to have shared space accepted as being feasible you have basic behaviour codes. No different to not talking loudly and at length on a mobile phone when on a train.

If people were not doing the "polite ignore" at urinals then they wouldn't be used.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
10 hours ago, Rave said:

Interesting to note how much of this discussion still revolves around not doing anything at the urinal that might cause other men to suspect you are a homosexual.

Another 20 years and we'll all have got over it, I reckon.

I doubt it. I think Captain Picard and Worf would be standing at urinals next to one another in the 24th Century worrying about not coming across as gay. At least Data would be able to wear hipsters without any of the angst mentioned in this thread.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
11 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's a private act done in a semi-public space Rave; the rules of convention are there so that you feel at ease.

I don't see that there's anything to get over; in order to have shared space accepted as being feasible you have basic behaviour codes. No different to not talking loudly and at length on a mobile phone when on a train.

If people were not doing the "polite ignore" at urinals then they wouldn't be used.

The polite ignore is the reason why, IMO, one shouldn't worry about undoing the top of one's trousers and pulling the waistband of one's pants down rather than going through the slot. I doubt anyone else is observing your technique!

HOLA4418

Archived