House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Rooney dropped

I can't remember a player getting by on his reputation more blatantly than Rooney for quite a few years.
Then again, speaking as a blue, I'm absolutely delighted.

42 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

Rooney is an excellent example of my theory that communication actually helps the brain develop and become more intelligent. You see it with quite a few footballers. Beckham notably.

This is not just a 'growing up' phenomenon going from a grunting teenager unable to express themselves to an adult, because we see this effect develop quite late on as they assume responsibility and continue through their careers.

Basically, being in the firing line, in front of a load of reporters and having to think and answer their questions whilst not being caught out is excellent mental training. I find it hard to believe Rooney is the same person as he started out. And Beckham. Shame the same can't be said for the football. 

If he was thinking. analysing, and responding, then yes.

Rooneys just got a stock of phrases to match the outcome - game of two halves, difficult game.

13 minutes ago, Errol said:

He left school at 15 (and probably didn't do much before that). He can hardly be blamed for being ill-educated.

I think he stopped skiving off school at 16.

5 hours ago, Errol said:

He left school at 15 (and probably didn't do much before that). He can hardly be blamed for being ill-educated.

I left school at 16 - and life has given me a most excellent, and highly-valuable education ever since..!

XYY

My cousins were Easter leavers. Just formalised a state that theyd been jn since 13.

Out of school friday. On the boats monday.

None work now mind.

Another shambles last night. It's hilarious. 

The football authorities are in a pickle now with the national game. 

Whereas the likes of Wales or Iceland are free to build a team of players that best fit, England have reached a point the premiership isn't producing the necessary talent to gloss over the lie the premiership improved football. The FA are chained to what crumbs the premiership throws it to make up the national team. 

It would be admitting defeat the minute they started looking to English players outside the best league in the world.  

6 minutes ago, casual_squash said:

Another shambles last night. It's hilarious. 

Agree. England matches have been unbelievable drivel for the best part of 15 years now.

The moneyed and virtually all-foreign Premiership has destroyed the England team; the only way back will be if the Spanish, Italian, or maybe Chinese or Russian superleagues start sucking in the money that's currently coming here and then English players will start getting game time in the premier league again.

Here's the Italia 90 team against which the current team looks like an England B team.

england_1390929c.jpg

14 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The moneyed and virtually all-foreign Premiership has destroyed the England team; the only way back will be if the Spanish, Italian, or maybe Chinese or Russian superleagues start sucking in the money that's currently coming here and then English players will start getting game time in the premier league again.

Here's the Italia 90 team against which the current team looks like an England B team.

england_1390929c.jpg

Great team, but I think we have some very capable players at the moment (barring centre backs). It's all in their heads. They just need a decent manager who can imbue confidence and who can motivate. It's definitely not Southgate, he came across as a rabbit in the headlights in the post-match interview.

4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

What was the score? I don't even know who England were playing as the media focus seemed to be on Rooney.

As my mate's mum said to him when he returned from a night out to watch the match he had videoed and said to her "Don't tell me the score."

"It's alright pet, nobody scored."