House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

workingpoor

Clown Sightings

What is the deal with these worldwide "Clown Sightings"? 

It seems to be spreading around the world.

Anyone seen one? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-37586908

Police in Victoria, south Australia, have warned the public not to engage in "intimidating" behaviour after reports of clowns terrorising people in Melbourne.

Sightings of creepy clowns have sparked minor hysteria across the US since August.

In a statement on its Facebook page, which appears to have since been deleted, the force wrote: "Victoria Police are aware of people who are parading in public wearing clown masks.

"The clown purge appears to be a copycat of incidents being seen in the USA recently.

"Any intimidating and threatening as well as anti-social behaviours will not be tolerated and will be investigated by Police."

Saw vid of clown getting beaten up , quite nastily by the looks of it.

Seems a stupid thing to do, to dress up as a clown and scare people ... then wonder why there's a fairly high probability of getting a smack-down.

It's the new zombie craze with huge dollops of exaggeration and invention on Facebook.

It seems to gain its own momentum and then you get students doing it for a laugh and chavs using it as a cover for scaring / mugging.

This was all today in Plymouth; the police must be really hacked off with it.

Police have confirmed they are aware of the reports of scary clowns terrifying people in Plymouth and are taking the incidents seriously.

A surreal clown prank has been circulating across social media with unconfirmed reports of children being chased with 'knives and baseball bats' in places including Whitleigh Woods by men dressed as clowns.

There are also reports of silent clowns approaching people, including children, on city streets.

Chief Inspector Cath Farrin said: "Carrying out these types of pranks may seem harmless but they are distressing to the individuals targeted.

"We would like to reassure the public that we are taking this matter seriously and will respond to any requests as needed"We will be carrying out our routine patrols and we ask the public to report any suspicious activity to police."

Sir John Hunt Community College have confirmed this morning, October 7, that the school has not been in lock down related to a clown invasion on school grounds. However there have been confirmed reports of a Citybus passenger wearing a clown mask on the school bus route 71 and pupils at Torpoint Community College have reportedly been warned.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/police-are-hunting-plymouth-s-scary-clowns-and-will-be-taking-reported-incidents-seriously/story-29787223-detail/story.html

Daily Mash

Clowning no longer seen as a desirable career, clowns complain

A LEADING clown union has complained that creepy clown sightings are putting young people off clowning as a career. 

The National Union of Mimes, Clowns and Pierrots say that the UK’s once-thriving clowning industry could die out if children see clowns as sinister or frightening.

Norman Steele, professionally known as Jim-Jo, said: “When I grew up in Yorkshire, you either went down the mines, did factory work or took up clowning.

“My father was a clown, his father was a clown, the bucket of glitter handed down the generations, but my eight-year-old thinks there’s something ‘chilling’ about it and it breaks my heart.

“The kiddies’ faces crumple in terror when they used to light with delight, the dogs howl, and it’s all thanks to these Halloween costumes and these Americans.

“There’s nothing scary about a clown. Nothing. We’re hilarious.”

Stephen Malley, aged 20, said: “I’m two years into a three-year vocational course at clown college, but to be honest I’m wondering if I made the right decision.

“But apparently while 65 per cent of graduates go into clowning or clown-related work, the rest end up in accountancy or politics.”

Thatcher completely stuffed Yorkshire's clown industry.

All clowns traditionally copyright their unique makeup by painting it on an egg and 'filing' it at the Clown Egg Registry.

All the police need to do is hold an identity parade of eggs.

Interesting fact: When a clown dies, the egg is incubated and a clown clone is hatched.

Interesting fact. The above 'interesting fact' is a lie, I made it up. When a clown dies, the egg is made into a clown omellette.

Has anyone read IT by Stephen King?  I believe it's the filming that's bringing out the clowns.  You could just imagine them getting shot or mown down by a car in the states.:huh:

2 hours ago, workingpoor said:

What is the deal with these worldwide "Clown Sightings"? 

It seems to be spreading around the world.

Anyone seen one?

barwell.jpg

1 hour ago, Scunnered said:

barwell.jpg

:D

The early indications are that he'll be a decent housing minister; but yes he does have an unfortunate appearance.

8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

:D

The early indications are that he'll be a decent housing minister; but yes he does have an unfortunate appearance.

I was very much put off by this:

Private housing developers should build homes with smaller rooms that do not meet existing minimum space standards so that young people can afford to buy them, the housing minister has said.

Gavin Barwell told the Conservative conference in Birmingham that he wanted the private sector to “innovate” to solve the housing crisis and that relaxing the rules on how cramped a flat can be might stop young people from being priced out.

He does bear a remarkable resemblance to your smiley though.

Talk of this stuff is circulating in schools. My 12 year old was quite worried about it this morning, which was the first time I'd heard anything about it. 

4 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

Talk of this stuff is circulating in schools. My 12 year old was quite worried about it this morning, which was the first time I'd heard anything about it. 

It's an opening for every prankster but also for every prevert and psycho. I don't think it's something to be casual about.