House Price Crash Forum
Si1

NIMBYs doing it for their children!

Locals furious at minister's fracking intervention. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw7Nrmry4

“It’s like reaching the end of a football match and extra time and a penalty shootout then inventing something else like let’s run round the pitch for 10 laps and the last man home, your team loses. It’s a truly shocking outcome.”

Lots of sad faces

One of those anti-fracking boomer NIMBYs was on the TV earlier complaining that fracking in the field opposite her house was going to ruin the peace and quite. At least I think that's what she said - it was difficult making out her voice above the noise of the busy A road with constant traffic at the end of her drive. 

39 minutes ago, mikthe20 said:

One of those anti-fracking boomer NIMBYs was on the TV earlier complaining that fracking in the field opposite her house was going to ruin the peace and quite. At least I think that's what she said - it was difficult making out her voice above the noise of the busy A road with constant traffic at the end of her drive. 

I saw that. "It's going to be there for nearly 2 1/2 years!" Oh my giddy aunt!

To be fair I would be pi$$ed off, but what can one sheep do against the farmer and his dogs?

1 hour ago, mikthe20 said:

:lol: Exactly the comments we made watching the report.

As an Ex local of the area, well nearby Blackpool, I know most of the locals who don't live in big houses bounded by fields would welcome anything that brings some money and jobs into the area 

3 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

:lol: Exactly the comments we made watching the report.

As an Ex local of the area, well nearby Blackpool, I know most of the locals who don't live in big houses bounded by fields would welcome anything that brings some money and jobs into the area 

It does seem the bigger your house or the more it's worth, the greater your inclination and availability to protest against things. It's like when a new estate gets proposed... 6 rich boomers protest against houses to benefit 6000 people.

"It's all very well building that factory to create 1000 new jobs but my favourite artisan butcher will be forced to move. I'll be writing a very stiff letter."

3 hours ago, hiace_drifter said:

It does seem the bigger your house or the more it's worth, the greater your inclination and availability to protest against things. It's like when a new estate gets proposed... 6 rich boomers protest against houses to benefit 6000 people.

"It's all very well building that factory to create 1000 new jobs but my favourite artisan butcher will be forced to move. I'll be writing a very stiff letter."

"Plus think of all the extra traffic as the newly employed drive to work, it's going to add at least 90 seconds to the journey if I decide to drive to M&S at 8:45am on a weekday to do my food shop."

Edited by Dorkins

Jeremy corbyn, interestingly, marched against closing the coalmines in the 80s and has marched against fracking in the 10s.