House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-37572198

Not good news, seems another UKIP MEP may be responsible......

Saw the chap on QT recently and he was quite impressive.

Hope he pulls through and the full extent of the law is levied at the person responsible.

Sky reporting

1. Jackets off

2. One punch put him down, hitting head on rail

3. Jackets on and both depart

4. Woolfe collapses en-route to a vote

5. tells others assisting no feeling down one side

6. loses consciousness some time from then to hosp

7. Now "life threatening" from medical source via UKIP

woolfe-1.jpg

Woolfe shown here (L) wearing an Edwardian style jacket almost exactly the same as Farage's (which is a bit brown-nosingly creepy).

Perhaps he and the other MEP thought they were in some sort of Edwardian duel.

All very odd, I hear he is recovering, fortunately.

To be fair if the reporting is true - and he and whoever the other bloke [I assume] took their jackets off prior to this incident - then they both were fully aware of what was coming.

Very strange behaviour. However if this story is true - I don't think any Police involvement or charges are necessary.

Its whats known as a 'square goes' up here in Jockland.

Two people agree to fight ? Then thats up to them. And if only one single punch was thrown and then head hit a railing - its nothing other than bad luck.

You do have to wonder how often this sort of thing had happened before though.

Then again - look at videos of Italian or Ukranian parliaments or many others. They have full scale brawls in these places.

So in the space of a single week, the leader stands down and one of her potential replacements gets tw4tted to unconsciousness by another MEP, presumably ruling them both out of the running, 'cos starting a playground fight isn't exactly the sort of thing you want from a leader. I sense Knight Nigel is about to ride to the rescue again.

To be fair none of us know what it was about. Maybe one of them just found out the other had been nobbing his wife ?

It is alleged that Woolfe was approached about defecting to the Conservatives and was seriously considering it. From what I have seen he is very capable and comes from growing up in Moss Side so for the Tories would be a helpful change from the usual Bullingdon and Eton Mess types.

Looks like he's doing well.

Reported that he was barneying with, honest guv, Mike 'Hookem'!  You couldn't make this $hit up!

Looks like Hookem is an ex-marine, Woolfe an ex-barrister..... Woolfe should've stayed in his seat!

This sort of thing is why I'd never vote for UKIP or a Corbyn lead Labour Party. It's not that the majority of the membership in either case isn't made up of OK people but that both of them have a small core of mentalists who might do you violence given the chance.

They are not looking like a sensible party.

Fickle bunch you lot mind.

I'd have thought anyone knocking-out a politician would instantly become off-topic royalty...!

;)

XYY

2 hours ago, AThirdWay said:

Looks like he's doing well.

Reported that he was barneying with, honest guv, Mike 'Hookem'!  You couldn't make this $hit up!

Looks like Hookem is an ex-marine, Woolfe an ex-barrister..... Woolfe should've stayed in his seat!

I think he will next time........  ^_^

Wasnt Hookem on the run from the police?

Makes the trots/marx split in Labour look like an Islington council equalities meeting.

41 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Wasnt Hookem on the run from the police?

He still is according to my sources Mr Bond.

Apparently Paul Gascoigne has already ordered the kebabs on "Just-Eat" - and told their lass to phone a taxi...

XYY

29 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

He still is according to my sources Mr Bond.

Apparently Paul Gascoigne has already ordered the kebabs on "Just-Eat" - and told their lass to phone a taxi...

XYY

Hookems from Hull.

Prison wont break him.

27 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Hookems from Hull.

Prison wont break him.

I always thought Hull sounded like a pretty boring place.

Until I Googled it - and included the words "Blue Peter presenter", "pool table" and "rugby team" in my search criteria...

;)

XYY

5 hours ago, Fully Detached said:

So in the space of a single week, the leader stands down and one of her potential replacements gets tw4tted to unconsciousness by another MEP

Only in Strasbourg? 

Fight would have gone unnoticed in Hull.

Anyway, why are they still MEPs? Brexit means Brexit y'know . . . 

Latest: UKIP donor threatens to pull the plug . . . 

15 minutes ago, paulokes said:

Pot the read and screw back for the green...then the green again...then the green again :)

You are "Whispering" Ted Lowe - and I claim my blue ball.

I'd obviously have obliged the future TV presenter had I been in that particular rugby team - and she'd have certainly gotten her turn on the table that night.

Mind you - with the "hair-trigger" possessed by the young man I was back then - I'd have "cleared-up" quicker than Alex "Hurricane" Higgins..!!!

;)

XYY

42 minutes ago, paulokes said:

Ah but I bet you wouldn't have needed a rest to reach her ;)

That young lady made my downstairs tingle before I really even knew what my downstairs was :blink:

P

I'm obviously a bit older than you okesy - and reckon my early-1970s equivalent would be Jenny Hanley from ITV's rival show "Magpie".

Ding-dong..!!!

article-2342362-1A57252C000005DC-411_634

XYY

10 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

I always thought Hull sounded like a pretty boring place.

Until I Googled it - and included the words "Blue Peter presenter", "pool table" and "rugby team" in my search criteria...

;)

XYY

Never heard that. Just googled it.

Im not sure. Never tweaked my filthometer. But then I was so young I actually watched the prog to learn to build stuff.