House Price Crash Forum

Isn't Middlesbrough wonderful

One-percent

HOLA441
On 06/10/2016 at 7:43 AM, spyguy said:

God knows why.

The issue in boro is not the shut industries.

As someone who reads the Evening Gazette most days (online!), boros problem is that it is overrun by criminal scum.

It has more 'WTF crimes' than the rest of the country put together.

Only lived there two years but this is 100% correct. My first Saturday night at my student house on Linthorpe, and a local got baseball batted and fell onto the front garden gate.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
5 minutes ago, PopGun said:

Only lived there two years but this is 100% correct. My first Saturday night at my student house on Linthorpe, and a local got baseball batted and fell onto the front garden gate.

A typical large town has a scum populatuon of under 5%.

By scum i dont mean doleys, i mean people who make the populations life hell- robbing, mugging, etc.

Boros scum is ~20%. In places like grangetown and south bank its above 50%.

Clevaland police are just asbad as the crims, even worse.

HOLA443
14 minutes ago, PopGun said:

:o you lived in boro?  For two years?  You deserve a medal or at least some very effective body armour. :o

HOLA444
On 11/10/2016 at 0:06 PM, spyguy said:

Sad story:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/man-who-starred-benefits-street-12006662

' “I’ve worked all my life and I plan on getting back to it. If people think I want to sit on my backside on £45 a week, they are very wrong.” '

But I hear this all the time, normally from people who've only managed a few weeks on a YOP scheme.

You can never square the claims against the back story:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/443855/Benefits-Street-s-Lee-and-Chrissy-Nutley-on-drugs-shame

' Benefits Street star Chrissy said her son began taking drugs when he was working on construction sites in London and he was soon blowing half his £500 weekly wage on heroin. '

Really? He worked on a construction site on smack? Smacks not like coke or speed, it makes you sleep.

Id guess he was robbing or rent boying.

Look at the piccies. Does he look like he's done grunt work?

' Lee, who now lives on £45 a week job seeker's allowance, admitted he has been in and out of jail since he was 14 but said the drugs led him away from a good job t a life of crime. '

Once, twice, three times, four??? All when he was supposed to be working.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/mother-benefits-streets-lee-nutley-12023091

Almost from a script:

'Lee  was a diamond. A diamond from the rough'.

'Lee’s mum, Chrissie, said: “He was a fantastic lad, a lovable rogue.

“He had respect and time for everyone.

“It’s a big shock to the system. A few of his friends have passed away and I always thought ‘thank God that my son is ok’.

“He was such a caring lad and was so family orientated.”'

'His 22-year-old son, also called Lee, spoke of his father’s popularity.

The pair had forged a relationship after becoming close when Lee Jnr was 12.

In a tragic twist of fate, Lee Jnr’s mother died just three weeks before his dad.'

'Lee had recently become a granddad to two children, including Indie-Rae, aged six months, pictured above.

Lee Jnr said: “When I saw him for the first time I was 12.''

Im not having a pop at this bloke but if you cannot read the article and see why boro is fcked!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Thing is, i sort of like some bits of boro.

Sometimes, when im pissed, i stand, looking at the junkies, the prossies working, the ratboys robbing old ladies,  the scum from fckiswherestan killing each other and think - Where else could you see this on 11am on a Tuesday?

HOLA449
1 minute ago, spyguy said:

Thing is, i sort of like some bits of boro.

Sometimes, when im pissed, i stand, looking at the junkies, the prossies working, the ratboys robbing old ladies,  the scum from fckiswherestan killing each other and think - Where else could you see this on 11am on a Tuesday?

Pissed?  On a Tuesday at 11am? In boro?  I don't know whether to laugh at you or commend you.  You don't half like to live dangerously :lol:

HOLA4410
55 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Where else could you see this on 11am on a Tuesday?

Shotton Colliery, County Durham.

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

• 1 month later...
HOLA4411

According to our beloved Beeb, the smoggies are fighting back.  One gent arguing that it's a good job the weather is poor or there would be a stampede of people wanting to live in boro.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-37909182

mind, they seem to have an uphill battle, as this is one statistic quoted 

The townspeople's level of opiate and crack cocaine use is proportionately the highest in the whole country.

HOLA4412
28 minutes ago, One-percent said:

According to our beloved Beeb, the smoggies are fighting back.  One gent arguing that it's a good job the weather is poor or there would be a stampede of people wanting to live in boro.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-37909182

mind, they seem to have an uphill battle, as this is one statistic quoted 

The townspeople's level of opiate and crack cocaine use is proportionately the highest in the whole country.

I posted that! Its worthy of it own  thread!

Pick a dysfucntion, any dysfunction, and you can bet boro will be in the top 3.

Is this part of the BBCs boro is great! Look, weve got someone from boro working for us. And shes a girl!

Looking at the the URL you can see the BBC dont want to set up in town .... no Harvey Nicks Id guess.

Leeds is a long way from boro - distance from Bham to London is less.

HOLA4413
10 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Is this part of the BBCs boro is great! Look, weve got someone from boro working for us. And shes a girl!

Looking at the the URL you can see the BBC dont want to set up in town .... no Harvey Nicks Id guess.

Having done both journies regularly, Leeds to Boro I'd just about commutable (I know someone who does Selby to Boro). London to Birmingham - no chance.

HOLA4414
1 minute ago, frozen_out said:

Having done both journies regularly, Leeds to Boro I'd just about commutable (I know someone who does Selby to Boro). London to Birmingham - no chance.

York->boro is relatively quick, which is why York fills up with most of boro on race days.

Leeds. Not sure. It always takes ages for Leeds to York. Maybe I just keep getting the wrong train.

HOLA4415
1 minute ago, spyguy said:

York->boro is relatively quick, which is why York fills up with most of boro on race days.

Leeds. Not sure. It always takes ages for Leeds to York. Maybe I just keep getting the wrong train.

M1 -> A1 -> A19. I do a trip down to just outside Wakefield 3-4 times/month and it's an hour door to door.

HOLA4416
3 minutes ago, frozen_out said:

M1 -> A1 -> A19. I do a trip down to just outside Wakefield 3-4 times/month and it's an hour door to door.

Porbably my bias from travelling on the coast road, whihc takes ages. It akes me ~1h to get to boro, and 2 h to get to Leeds.

No traffic, and you do (apparently) fly down the A1. Brother does it, mainly N->S.

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, spyguy said:

And working class.  Ticks a lot of equality boxes.  Now, if she would just cut her leg off and come out as gay, they will have almost met their quota 

Archived