House Price Crash Forum

Advice needed for where to buy in South Belfast

Wolfhound

57 minutes ago, BelfastVI said:

I am afraid the ECP are a con. They are based on the building control requirements at the time the house was built. For example a house obtaining a B in 2006 was to a far lower stranded with no reference to air tightness etc. The house gets a B (or a ratio) because of its performance compared to the standard at the time. A house built after that will be built to a far higher standard and even if it too gets a B it will be far superior to the B in 2006. Indeed a C in recent houses will be much better than a B in 2006. Its a con.

That's really interesting - thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, BelfastVI said:

I am afraid the ECP are a con. They are based on the building control requirements at the time the house was built. For example a house obtaining a B in 2006 was to a far lower stranded with no reference to air tightness etc. The house gets a B (or a ratio) because of its performance compared to the standard at the time. A house built after that will be built to a far higher standard and even if it too gets a B it will be far superior to the B in 2006. Indeed a C in recent houses will be much better than a B in 2006. Its a con.

I only thought the the EPC was a money making exercise! Thanks for that info, it is a worthless money making exercise. Only value is with two comparable house built at the same time the EPC might tell you who has LED lightbulbs ;-)

Irrespective of the RV, EPC etc you can usually tell from the pictures. Any house that has skirting board surface mounted sockets (usually single sockets) is a no-no for me ;-)

• 1 year later...
On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:00 PM, JoeDavola said:

Lovely house from the outside, plenty of character.

Drop it to £200K and then let it find it's price (I'm assuming there'd be more than one person bidding).

On and sale agreed at a listed price of £265k...

15 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Lots of people with lots of money out there it would seem.

What do we think of this flat?

https://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/ST0111211101253006638/Flat-3-2-Stranmillis-Mews/432748687/

Wouldn't be what I would have been looking for in this area - looks to have been rented with what furniture is in it.  Would prefer a terrace house without the management fees at this price. Looks to be overpriced but we will see.

See a 2 bedroom flat for £85k closer to the city centre

https://www.propertypal.com/apt-35-cromwell-court-110-cromwell-road-belfast/462964

May be something wrong with development but it would be worth looking at.

7 hours ago, carrick01 said:

Wouldn't be what I would have been looking for in this area - looks to have been rented with what furniture is in it.  Would prefer a terrace house without the management fees at this price. Looks to be overpriced but we will see.

See a 2 bedroom flat for £85k closer to the city centre

https://www.propertypal.com/apt-35-cromwell-court-110-cromwell-road-belfast/462964

May be something wrong with development but it would be worth looking at.

Cromwell Court has always been really really cheap for some reason. It can't be a good one.

My only concern about a terrace in Stranmillis is that the only place you cen get a terrace you'd be surrounded by students, with the accompanying noise...