House Price Crash Forum

Why do delivery drivers get assey if your not in, despite them making no effort to tell you even what day they will arrive

stuckin2up2down

HOLA441

Ok so its probably them being contracted out to someone running their own car and people wanting "free" delivery.

But still, they act as if once you order something you will never leave the house in case its delivered. If I could I would only order from somewhere that sends a text on the day to give a timeslot and that you can track.

Said delivery driver was pissy with me and says he will come back tomorrow, but gives me no time and expects me to just wait in all day.

HOLA442

I wish I'd waited in the day the delivery driver left the back gate wide open after leaving something by the back door.

Unfortunately when I got home I didn't notice and let my dogs out. One escaped and died. Hermes denied all knowledge but the sender refunded the vet and disposal fees. :(

HOLA443

Bigger and more expensive stuff tends to be delivered properly. It's the smaller stuff that is annoying. I've recently started using Amazons collection points because it's just not worth the hassle of not having a clue when things will turn up at the door.

HOLA444
32 minutes ago, stuckin2up2down said:

Said delivery driver was pissy with me and says he will come back tomorrow, but gives me no time and expects me to just wait in all day.

From experience there is a way to guarantee when your delivery arrives. Sit yourself down on the throne, ready to take a humungous dump. Just as the turtle starts to poke it's head out - that's when the doorbell will ring.

HOLA445
HOLA446

As a postie I only get really irritated by the serial offenders... people who order stuff EVERY SINGLE DAY and are NEVER IN EVERY SINGLE DAY, why they can't arrange some alternative delivery address friend/relative/neighbour/workplace or arrange ''call and collect'' where their stuff is automatically held at the delivery office for them. 

HOLA447
23 minutes ago, Parkwell said:

From experience there is a way to guarantee when your delivery arrives. Sit yourself down on the throne, ready to take a humungous dump. Just as the turtle starts to poke it's head out - that's when the doorbell will ring.

Agreed Parksy.

In my experience, it's even more likely if you take a copy of "Razzle" boasting a half-decent "Reader's Wives" section, a bottle of Brown Ale, and your dinner-time plate of pie-and-chips in the shitter with you...!

;)

XYY

HOLA448
HOLA449
15 hours ago, Karelian said:

DPD give a 1 hour delivery slot and you can track the location of your parcel in real time.

DPD timed deliveries have their own insanity though... I've stood for minutes while the driver watched the time to our window count down. He's not allowed to deliver outside the window!

Delivering to work works for me, though I've still missed some deliveries and collections when they try as late as 8pm. Can't win.

HOLA4410

I think I order too much online. A Dpd driver knocked at my house and said he's got a delivery for me later at my office address but he was in the area and wanted to check if I was home. I still don't know how he got my home address. My name isn't that unusual and they're 10 miles apart 

in other news the hermes guy is extremely creepy. 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
3 hours ago, reddog said:

Don't really know what the solution is (possibly click and collect, Amazon lockers), but I would say actually getting the parcel delivered is the worst part of online shopping.

Amazon type lockers for your home is what is needed. I'd pay a grand probably for a good system that means that things always get delivered.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Archived